+ Reply to Thread
Page 606 of 608 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 604 605 606 607 608 LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6074

Thread: Using Trailing Stops to Protect Profits.

Member Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Trailing stop loss is a great feature of Forex trading. One can use it to protect profits gradually with the price movement. It helps to lock profit with every pip movement but there are its draw backs as well of which 2 are the most prominent. The first one is that you need to keep your trading terminal open in order to make this feature work. If you close your terminal, it won't work. The second drawback is that if you use a close trailing stop loss, there are chances that the stop loss gets touched with a small retracement and then you miss a huge move.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member muhammadatif is on a distinguished road muhammadatif's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I have to know about trailing stop a few days ago and I will use this option in my trades. I think trailing stop is a very good option to protect your profit. It is minimize your profit but protect you form loss.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Banned aadrika is on a distinguished road aadrika's Avatar
    Thanks
    Trailing stop does help to protect profits if you have a large target and you are trading in trending market. If you are trading in a ranging market, a trailing stop might not do much for you but cut your trades consistently at the first opportunity.

Senior Member anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,095 Times in 577 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by shinde View Post
    Trailing stop loss is used when a trader does not want to exit his winning position and also want to continue the trade as he thinks that the rally will continue to he can use trailing stop loss to lock his profits and continue the trade at the same time.
    trailing stop ek bahut acha forex tool hai agar isse thik se usek iya jaye to
    zadatar tarders isse use nahi karte kyunki unhe lagta hai ki apni dals ko loss me close karna thik nahi hai..lekin isko ignore karna acha nahi raheta tarders ke liye aur thik se study karke isko use kiya jaye to acount ke liye bahut acha rehta hai

Senior Member shinde will become famous soon enough shinde's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Trailing stop loss is used when a trader does not want to exit his winning position and also want to continue the trade as he thinks that the rally will continue to he can use trailing stop loss to lock his profits and continue the trade at the same time.

Senior Member mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by cumil View Post
    I prefer to put take profit and stop loss because after I opened the account position, usually I leave the computer for other activities

so that I use a trailing stop then it will not work, because my computer turn off..
    For your kind information trail stop works even your computer is turn off because the order is set in the instaforex server not in your computer. thats why trail stop will help in maximizing the profit if there is a breakout
    Pliz do comment here if you like the post

Member aniket will become famous soon enough aniket will become famous soon enough aniket's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    wese main es k barey main itna nahi sona or ager ye stop loss se related ha to phr waqai karaamad cheez ho gi kioun k stop loss waqai ap ko margin call or high loss se bacha sakta ha to ye bhi app ko aese he loss se bachata ho ga may be ager koi or information ho to zaror share karna plz

Senior Member dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by cumil View Post
    I prefer to put take profit and stop loss because after I opened the account position, usually I leave the computer for other activities

so that I use a trailing stop then it will not work, because my computer turn off..
    This is only the disadvantage of Trailing stop , i wish it could have worked for me when my computer is OFF. But still it will be useful when we are working on other applications with computer ON it will take care of our profit.
    HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB EAK DINA
    WE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL ONE DAY
    NAAVU GEDDE GELTIVI ONDU DINA

Banned cumil has a spectacular aura about cumil has a spectacular aura about cumil's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SG Trader View Post
    yeah, trailling stop is very usefull to protect and keep safe our profit.
    i am also often use this tool, usually i use it when i trade in the news, because the movement is very fast and when i get profit in my position, i use TL so i will not fear if the market will turn back.

Member hardworks will become famous soon enough hardworks will become famous soon enough hardworks's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    No, i didn't use trailing stop in my positive floating trades. You can feel the difference, if you know or predict the exit point then exit from that. If you set trailing stop then it surely decrease 10pips from your profit. Try many times and post the results here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 606 of 608 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 604 605 606 607 608 LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (49)