+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211
Results 2,101 to 2,107 of 2107

Thread: How to Avoid Taking Profits Too Quickly and Staying with Losing Trades Too Long

Banned yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well to stay for long we need a safeguard from the volatility - in such cases tight stop loss are not worth, and the only option we have is using lower leverage - but to make signfiicant trades then we need higher capital.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yogesh For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

Senior Member lights will become famous soon enough lights's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think money management is the most important thing in forex trading. because the movement of the market moves very quickly, if we are not disciplined with money management, then we will lose our money very quickly. I experienced this several times.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member waqtitrader will become famous soon enough waqtitrader's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by pankajbhaban View Post
    “Most of the time I earn a few pips and close out the trade because I want to catch it while it is still profitable. But when the trade goes against me I will hang onto it too long thinking it will come back to profitability but I get scared and close it out so I end up losing more. And then, what’s really frustrating is that the trade ends up moving in the direction of my original trade. How can I learn to ‘stick with my trade’ ?”

This is a great question and it is something that all traders, especially in the beginning, have a challenge with. It is also something that is gained through experience. ("What is the Number One Mistake Forex Traders Make")

A key thing that a trader must do is acknowledge that you will have losing trades. (Learn a strategy to help stay away from losing trades "Breakouts:How to Stay Away from Some Losing Trades")

If a trade moves against you, as a trader you need to be willing to accept that loss just as you are willing to accept the winning trades. Since you are trading with risk capital, money that you can afford to lose, a trader must be OK with that loss as it will not affect their life style one tiny bit. Losses are simply a part of trading.

(If you are not trading with risk capital, stop trading!)

Once a trader accepts that concept, they will be more inclined to let a trade “play out” and not jump at the chance to lock in a tiny bit of profit or become distraught as a trade begins to move against them and close out the position.

Next, be certain that you are taking only the higher probability trades, those that are in the direction of the trend, and that your entries are based on a solid technical reason such as a break of support or resistance.

When a trader knows that they are trading a pair that is in a strong trend, they will have the courage of their conviction to be able to “stick with the trade” as it is in a strong trend. (This does not mean that sticking with a trade in the direction of the trend will insure a winning trade. It does mean, however, that you will be taking trades that have a greater potential for success.)

Once you have decided on the higher probability pair you will trade and know where you will place your initial stop and limit, when the trade executes…leave it alone! Promise yourself that you will only let the trade limit out or be stopped out.

Lastly, be sure that you are following the principles of Money Management. So when the losing trades occur, your losses will be small and manageable.

Practice this discipline many, many times in a Demo account until you become comfortable with it.

main ne app ki post read ki ha app ne achi batain ham se share ki hane app ko pata ha k ham koi profit kamaney ki jaldi hoti ha es liye ham take profit kafi jaldi main lagtey hane or kaam pips par lagatey hane main to gi sirf take profit he lagata houn stop loss main ne kabhi bhi use nahi kiya ha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waqtitrader For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

Member ermaniso2011 has a spectacular aura about ermaniso2011 has a spectacular aura about ermaniso2011 has a spectacular aura about ermaniso2011's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    one of the mistake traders are doing is when they place an order so they are expecting that the market have to go that direction always.and when some pull back happen they will quit immediately then they can see that their canceled target will be hit later on.so we really dont have to blame the market.we have to accept the nature of the market and study on it.then everything will be better.

Member pankajbhaban is on a distinguished road pankajbhaban's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    To imply this in your trading try making risk / reward ratio as small as possible, look for larger profits and smaller stops.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pankajbhaban For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

Banned raka999 will become famous soon enough raka999 will become famous soon enough raka999's Avatar
    Thanks
    often, we can not accept the losses we experience. because it is human nature to not want to lose. but, we should realize, that in any business, the potential loss or risk is certainly there. we should be able to reduce that risk, not eliminate it. good advice. Thank you, brother.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to raka999 For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

Member pankajbhaban is on a distinguished road pankajbhaban's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0

Post How to Avoid Taking Profits Too Quickly and Staying with Losing Trades Too Long

Most of the time I earn a few pips and close out the trade because I want to catch it while it is still profitable. But when the trade goes against me I will hang onto it too long thinking it will come back to profitability but I get scared and close it out so I end up losing more. And then, whats really frustrating is that the trade ends up moving in the direction of my original trade. How can I learn to stick with my trade ?

This is a great question and it is something that all traders, especially in the beginning, have a challenge with. It is also something that is gained through experience. ("What is the Number One Mistake Forex Traders Make")

A key thing that a trader must do is acknowledge that you will have losing trades. (Learn a strategy to help stay away from losing trades "Breakouts:How to Stay Away from Some Losing Trades")

If a trade moves against you, as a trader you need to be willing to accept that loss just as you are willing to accept the winning trades. Since you are trading with risk capital, money that you can afford to lose, a trader must be OK with that loss as it will not affect their life style one tiny bit. Losses are simply a part of trading.

(If you are not trading with risk capital, stop trading!)

Once a trader accepts that concept, they will be more inclined to let a trade play out and not jump at the chance to lock in a tiny bit of profit or become distraught as a trade begins to move against them and close out the position.

Next, be certain that you are taking only the higher probability trades, those that are in the direction of the trend, and that your entries are based on a solid technical reason such as a break of support or resistance.

When a trader knows that they are trading a pair that is in a strong trend, they will have the courage of their conviction to be able to stick with the trade as it is in a strong trend. (This does not mean that sticking with a trade in the direction of the trend will insure a winning trade. It does mean, however, that you will be taking trades that have a greater potential for success.)

Once you have decided on the higher probability pair you will trade and know where you will place your initial stop and limit, when the trade executesleave it alone! Promise yourself that you will only let the trade limit out or be stopped out.

Lastly, be sure that you are following the principles of Money Management. So when the losing trades occur, your losses will be small and manageable.

Practice this discipline many, many times in a Demo account until you become comfortable with it.

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pankajbhaban For This Useful Post:

bassem15 (2015-03-14), chabrq (2012-06-12), ij999 (2019-05-01), Isafan87 (2012-08-14), malik (2012-03-20), mehro (2019-07-20), mkape (2012-05-13), moneymax (2012-10-25), Muhammad Haroon (2017-11-27), najmul.djd (2012-07-28), noul (2015-03-09), omerf (2013-12-06), P-K (2015-09-29), Unregistered (1), wahidaaa (2012-07-28), yahoo21 (2013-07-21)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211

Subscribe to this Thread (11)