+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 274 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2737

Thread: 200 pip stop loss - 10 pip profit?

Member dragon is an unknown quantity at this point dragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think ratio risk and reward (usually I used TP and SL) is not too far away like in the title of this thread. If we made as ratio so 200 pips SL and 10 pips TP means TP : SL = 1: 20, it's too far away because normally the ratio are 1:1, 1:2, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1. If the profit target is too few and Stop loss is too far so as overall you will lose if TP is hitted so many times (lets say 15 times) and SL is hitted once. It's not effective place to set.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member yulianto470 is on a distinguished road yulianto470's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by bejomulyo View Post
    good one, brother yogesh ... be careful. do not being greed, okay. once your target earned, its time to stop.
    yess .. sir because of greed not to profit but to destruction in the trading
    greedy, the real enemy of the trader's emotions when trading so we must always control your emotions

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member silverfx is an unknown quantity at this point silverfx's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    sounds make me disappointment.i opened some position with 20 pips target.but i am very upset to say, i am in very good loss.around 230 pips and still holding my position.so better to understand about market trend before open position.

Member andhwrey is on a distinguished road andhwrey's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Thats not good really,if you think thats good,imagine that maybe profit are easyly to reach,but once we failed,we need 20 times only to
    makes loss back,thats are stressfull and i guess all traders cant be patience waiting many trades like that,so keep ratio at least for 1:1

Member darksaimon is on a distinguished road darksaimon's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    specified surroundings we poorness to win 20 times continually to play up the casualty suffered in one individual craft which looks rattling odd for me. I see it is improved to craft without layover disadvantage in specified sufferer and caper with dwarfish lot.

Senior Member khaled24 will become famous soon enough khaled24's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    This strategy make the deal easy to be earned but it achieves very low profit , as it is easy to go up with 10 pips but hard to go down with 200 pips , i didn't use such a strategy before , i always use the profit loss 3 times than the take profit point , i may try it

Member bejomulyo is an unknown quantity at this point bejomulyo's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    good one, brother yogesh ... be careful. do not being greed, okay. once your target earned, its time to stop.

Banned barkiman is on a distinguished road barkiman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 100c View Post
    that is not a wise strategy if we wait the right time and take position as required over buy or over sold position then it will becomes in to good profit and setting stop loss around 1:2 means if we set profit 20 pips then set the stop loss 40.
    I think the sound settings to take profit and stop loss is 1:1. that is, if you put take profit 50 pips, the stop loss should also be 50 pips. so, if you trade in a one-time experienced loss, then you simply do a one-time profit to cover losses.

Member 100c has a spectacular aura about 100c has a spectacular aura about 100c has a spectacular aura about 100c's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    Do you think it would be wise to trade with the strategy that has 10 pips target and stop loss be set at 200 pips. I think this strategy one can take advantage of forex up and down and may make profit many times before there triggering stop loss as probability of stop loss triggering is 1/20th of hitting target.
    that is not a wise strategy if we wait the right time and take position as required over buy or over sold position then it will becomes in to good profit and setting stop loss around 1:2 means if we set profit 20 pips then set the stop loss 40.

Member budado is on a distinguished road budado's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Just imagine that you need to have 20 successful trade in order to break even. or 20 trade profit = 1 loss trade only.
    I think the best strategy is the other way around. What I mean is that its takes 20 loses just to break even in one lose. If this is our approach I guess we can earn better than the opposite approach. But I guess theirs really none who use this kind of trading strategy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 274 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (6)