+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Thread: Exit Strategy.

Member Sri Hartono is on a distinguished road Sri Hartono's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by alamayreh View Post
    You may have the best of trades that turned into a loser, or u lost extra pips. Or, you had a bad trade that made unexpected pips.
    Both of these are telling us something. The exit is just as important as the entry!

Besides exiting around areas of support or resistance, sometimes we feel disappointed by either not closing out earlier or closing out too late (lost some profit)

well, this is a simple method i've created tohelp keep pips on the table. It is quite simple, i give it in 3 steps

1. Three bars after entry move your SL to B.E (break even)
    2. When another bar has formed, count from the new bar 3 bars a back (lets call it bar X).
    3. Place your SL at the low of (bar X) for buying positions or at the high of the (bar X) for shorts

My backtest shows that if the trades are bad, u will be stopped out early without losing much. If the trade is good (lots of long bars) you will be stopped out when the trend is first exhausted.

Worked for me, hope it worked for you.

P.S, just pick a direction and try it...I know it sounds silly (funny to me too) but this is just my observation. Hope you can double check it with me and report your findings.
    way of an exit strategy is that if something goes wrong in our predictions, we should anticipate providing at least according to the SL limit harag movement that can not be achieved when there is a reversal of position.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Senior Member dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Tread interesting. If we move the SL, does not that will reduce our resistance to price movements, especially movement of the wild and unfocused. How do you have any explanation for it?
    Stop loss should not be moved again and again once it is set according to our analysis. It can only be modified when we set a trailing stop to lock our profit but still want to be in market for more positive pips. I think when we are at the computer and doing other things using stop loss tool for exit from profitable trade is a good thing to do.
    HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB EAK DINA
    WE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL ONE DAY
    NAAVU GEDDE GELTIVI ONDU DINA

Senior Member fanesa G is on a distinguished road fanesa G's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Placing exit in a proper place will make us make profit in more optimum value that we can take if our trade are in the win position. If our trade in loss positio setting exit position by use Safe Loss will avoid us from getting bigger lost or even get margin call that can burn our trading account.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Senior Member sunil is a jewel in the rough sunil is a jewel in the rough sunil is a jewel in the rough sunil's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    scalping me kabhi bhi itna kam value pe stop loss nahi lagana chahaiye..trader ko poori tarah se market ko analyse karna chahaiye uske baad koi decision lena chahiye kyunki scaloing walo ke liye market me risk bahut zada hota hai isliye unse kaha jata hai ki wo poori tarah se technicals auir fundamentals ko follow kare aur ussi hisab se trading kare

Banned netra will become famous soon enough netra will become famous soon enough netra's Avatar
    Thanks
    forex tradinmg me jitne traders hai utni hi unki straregy hoti hai market se exit karne ki..har trader apne hisab se strategy banata hai aur ussi hisab se xit karta hai
    me to hamesha stop loss aur take profit ka use karta hon support aur resistanec dekh ke fir ussi hisab se market se exit karta hon

Banned Mark is an unknown quantity at this point Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Tread interesting. If we move the SL, does not that will reduce our resistance to price movements, especially movement of the wild and unfocused. How do you have any explanation for it?

Member maryosa is on a distinguished road maryosa's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    You may have the best of trades that turned into a loser, or u lost extra pips. Or, you had a bad trade that made unexpected pips.
    Both of these are telling us something. The exit is just as important as the entry!

Besides exiting around areas of support or resistance, sometimes we feel disappointed by either not closing out earlier or closing out too late (lost some profit)

well, this is a simple method i've created tohelp keep pips on the table. It is quite simple, i give it in 3 steps

2. When another bar has formed, count from the new bar 3 bars a back (lets call it bar X).
    3. Place your SL at the low of (bar X) for buying positions or at the high of the (bar X) for shorts

My backtest shows that if the trades are bad, u will be stopped out early without losing much. If the trade is good (lots of long bars) you will be stopped out when the trend is first exhausted.

P.S, just pick a direction and try it...I know it sounds silly (funny to me too) but this is just my observation. Hope you can double check it with me and report your findings.
    Your strategy will have made sense if you describe it a little bit more. On which time frame do you select the bar. If not know what time frame then how can trader know where to put break even stop loss or stop loss. Strategy cannot not work in any timeframe as different time frame show different type of bar. So my question is, which time frame you use in backtest of strategy?

Junior Member bekantan is an unknown quantity at this point bekantan's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Exit strategy in my opinion is relative and depends on the type of trader, transaction strategy and time frame used.
    If a beginner may be better to use the daily target.

Banned Thakur is on a distinguished road Thakur's Avatar
    Thanks

Good strategy sir, but what if price of the market does not move in positive pips for you, when what exist strategy will you use. I guess the good old stop loss is always the best exit for bad trades right?

Member m3x_19 is on a distinguished road m3x_19's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    exit strategy

Wow, thats quite good sharing my friend. We should try it sometime, by the way, i just want to share you my stop strategy too, of course we use stop loss to help us stop the losing trade, but i also use the wodies cci signal to stop my trading, it's a good indicator because it can minimize our loses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (3)