+ Reply to Thread
Page 605 of 652 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6516

Thread: How do you calculate stop loss and take profit targets?

Banned digger_jim is on a distinguished road digger_jim's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purohit View Post
    I think if you have to choose between take profits and stop loss then the key to success is stop loss. Also let me tell you here that both are important in profitable trading as one helps in controlling greed and other in fear.
    What do you mean "the key to success is stop loss"? If it's true, what about placing 1,000 pips for stop loss to hunt for 10 pips gain?

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member hassane is on a distinguished road hassane's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    for me stop loss and take profit is depend to the money management and depent to the strategy too , i have different strategies and most of them depend to the resistance and to the support to define the stop loss, because i think the stop loss and the take profit must be on broken resistance or support.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member espin is an unknown quantity at this point espin's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    as my forex trading experience life i like use my all experience when i see that market is going to down at that time i like to use stop loss on the other hand in some case i like to take profit target.

Senior Member syphertob is an unknown quantity at this point syphertob's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    sometimes I put it about SL in the lowest or the highest price that day and so ye dono cheeze support aur resistance se decide ki jati hai.

Banned purohit is on a distinguished road purohit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think if you have to choose between take profits and stop loss then the key to success is stop loss. Also let me tell you here that both are important in profitable trading as one helps in controlling greed and other in fear.

Senior Member Adnan is an unknown quantity at this point Adnan's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    my friend stop lose depend upon many factors and you can't put it like your asking. it mainly depends upon the situation. also it depends upon your confidence level. With good analysis you will be...

Banned jab we met will become famous soon enough jab we met's Avatar
    Thanks
    i do not calculate the stop loss or take profit most of the time i set only 10 pips for my trader but if i achieve this amount of pips then i open second trade and i do not use stop loss on my trade

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jab we met For This Useful Post:

Fahad (2012-06-10)

Senior Member Lia is an unknown quantity at this point Lia's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by abmalek69 View Post
    i am not use sl because if market trend low whole day next few day market trend change to up. and tp depends on market situation.
    Yepp absolutely right, if I always use because it is in anticipation of fear of losing money are too big so I use the SL and TP

Member zeshan is on a distinguished road zeshan's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    i think the traders have the different work but i use the take profit just 20 pips for the trades and i use the 500 pips for the stop loss because the some time market is move back

Banned awaccoo is an unknown quantity at this point awaccoo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aarti View Post
    i've never had a spesific amount on putting the stop loss or profit, i'm just using risk reward ratio as my guide. that's what i'm concerned more. And this risk reward ratio adjusting with my time frame, the bigger time frame then the bigger risk reward ratio i used, and vice versa.
    I count pfofit bisasanya targets adjusted to approximate the price movement and time can I spend for forex trading itself, as I do not have much time I just targeting a number of pips only, so when it could pips then immediately stop and close my netbook and re-again the next day, another case that I can monitor it all day in front of me will long survive without fast closing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 605 of 652 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (16)