+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 246 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2453

Thread: Mving stop loss to break even or in the profit zone??

Banned barkiman is on a distinguished road barkiman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    Naturally the best option is to move the stop to a profitable level but only if market conditions permit this, if we are seeing that market is moving opposite to our expectation and trade and we expect further move it is better to cut the position at that level itself.
    good opinion. I always put a stop loss and take profit of 50 pips. if the price is already present in the profit zone, for example 25 pips, the stop loss I will soon move in SL +1, meaning that if prices turn around, I still get 1 pips. if the price is the opposite, I was not pending to hit 50 pips SL, if it reaches -30 pips, I immediately cut loss.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member zoomfire will become famous soon enough zoomfire will become famous soon enough zoomfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Naturally the best option is to move the stop to a profitable level but only if market conditions permit this, if we are seeing that market is moving opposite to our expectation and trade and we expect further move it is better to cut the position at that level itself.
    when the market seems to breakout there might be some very odd movements.10 pips up and 10pips down like that.so dont get scared of seeing that and alter SL for every few mins.
    stay calm if your analyses is correct.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member naziafarhan will become famous soon enough naziafarhan will become famous soon enough naziafarhan's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by tajdarbet View Post
    han aesa h sakta ha par main ap ko bataoun k main ne abhi tak apni kisi bhi trade main stop loss use he nahi kiya ha kioun k main stop loss ko use he nahi karta houn mugh ko pata ha ye risky ha par phr bhi main es ko use nahi karta houn
    I always use the sl. Some tomes price touches my sl and get beck to my desired direction. But still it is profitable cause If it is a wrong trade then it will save my account froma bogger loss. So I always use sl.

Thanks very much I am getting some more confidence to do this after your answer. Really if you get some suggestion from anyone about your trading then it will be helpful for getting strengthen in taking decision.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbh427 View Post
    I think the best way is to stay patient for the whole time duration and be cool and not try to get the results quickly.
    The best way to do this is to take the mind off from the trade and listen to songs and don't look at the trading screen.
    Yes being patient is good but if we can move the sl to the profit zone then we can lock some profit and then if the price moves in the opposite direction then we can become more profitabel than we make loss.

Quote Originally Posted by waqtitrader View Post
    thank you my dear app ne kafi achi information ham se share ki ha es ko read kar k mugh ko kafi faida howa ha or main bhi es moveing avreage k barey main soch raha houn es liye ab main es ko use kar k jo resul ho ga app se share karoun ga
    I dont think that I was talking about any kind of moving average here. Al I have talked here is about moving the sl to the profit zone. Thats it. PLease read the post forst then go for reply. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kaji View Post
    if we want to move the stop los profit zone then we should use a trailing stpo, using a trailing stop then prfit we will lock automatically in accordance with the points that we want ....
    Yes trailing stop is another good option but it trails when 1 pip mobement is done I am saying that we can manuallly move the sl to a certain level where we can see that if the price goes beyond it then we can see a reversal.
    Last edited by Anytime; 2012-04-22 at 04:11 PM.

Banned yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh is a splendid one to behold yogesh's Avatar
    Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yogesh For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28)

Member bjbh427 is on a distinguished road bjbh427's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think the best way is to stay patient for the whole time duration and be cool and not try to get the results quickly.
    The best way to do this is to take the mind off from the trade and listen to songs and don't look at the trading screen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbh427 For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28)

Member sinaga will become famous soon enough sinaga's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think it would be better if we move the stop loss in areas that already gives us an advantage. with it we will not have to worry about when prices will turn around, and we can benefit even if we hit a stop loss.
    believe me, one day you can be a successful trader

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sinaga For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28)

Member tajdarbet will become famous soon enough tajdarbet will become famous soon enough tajdarbet's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by naziafarhan View Post
    I have always heard.Traders talk of moving their stops to break even. My question is shall we move the sl to the BE only or can we move it to the profit zone so that we can lock some profit. Which one is better??
    han aesa h sakta ha par main ap ko bataoun k main ne abhi tak apni kisi bhi trade main stop loss use he nahi kiya ha kioun k main stop loss ko use he nahi karta houn mugh ko pata ha ye risky ha par phr bhi main es ko use nahi karta houn

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tajdarbet For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28)

Member naziafarhan will become famous soon enough naziafarhan will become famous soon enough naziafarhan's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabi Ahmed Gill View Post
    mara accont main profit be hota ha or loosss be forex trading main ap losss our profit dono ko nazar andaz nahi kar sakta is main do raya pada ho jati ha is main ap forex taidng ka sakta ho
    I told that what should we use moving stop to profit zone or BE. I think some profit should be locked by moving stop loss to the profit zone. I reallt like to do that by doing this I can have some pips.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to naziafarhan For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28)

Senior Member newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    yes of course you can do that, and if you can use trailing stop loss too, it will move with automatically when your order go at floating positive...and with this way the trader can lock their profit when the trend move back and against your order
    do the best we can

15. The Following User Says Thank You to newentry For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28)

Member pravi is on a distinguished road pravi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by naziafarhan View Post
    I have always heard.Traders talk of moving their stops to break even. My question is shall we move the sl to the BE only or can we move it to the profit zone so that we can lock some profit. Which one is better??
    First of all we cant move the stop loss to profit without actually having a larger profit than the stop loss. If you have a good its advicable to lock some profit. It is up to you to decide whether you need to change the stop loss. As said before if you have a large profit it is always better to lock 50% of your profit.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pravi For This Useful Post:

abdelkrim (2018-11-28), Shahzadahmed4850 (2019-01-17)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 246 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (11)