+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Moving Averages to determine support and resistance.

Member gava is on a distinguished road gava's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    this is a new thing for me in forex trading.i didn't hear anything about this.shall i know what is support and resistance.is moving average an indicator?is it good to refer it?

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Banned barkiman is on a distinguished road barkiman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    moving average is generally used by traders to assist them in seeing the trend is going. ma cross is a form of trend changes. but when the market is experiencing a sideway, then the moving average can cross many times in a short time. so it does not show the real trend change.
    for a beginner like me, moving average is a very helpful indicator. not as a support and resistant. but, to do the open position. I tried using LWMA 9 close and open. then the filter I use SMA 18. if two lines are cut LWMA 9 SMA 18, that's a good time for entry. for TF M30. so far, the results are quite good.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member ashvin is an unknown quantity at this point ashvin's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I've used it almost 2 months, the results are still not too big. because I have not been adept at using it. I'm sure with practice, then this could be an indicator of a good weapon to make a lot of profit.

Banned zahidrock will become famous soon enough zahidrock's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anubhavsingh View Post
    moving average indicator forex ka sabse ache indcators me se ek hai..me isko hamesha use karta hon aur sath hi sath bollinger band, RSI aur MACD indicator ka bhi use karta hon..
    is indicator ki wajah se trend ka pata lagana abhut hi easy rehta hai
    Yes i agree with you. Moving average indicator is one of the best for forex trading. It can help me a lot for getting right trend. I am also use RSI and Bollinger band indicator with this indicator. Because this 2 indicator are also good for me.

Member Techno is an unknown quantity at this point Techno's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by benys View Post
    MA when combined with zigzag indicator. estimate the movement of candle can then be predicted. yes, though not one hundred percent.
    if I may share, if using a combination of individual, preferably using elliot wave.
    I've tried it on a demo account. provit its pretty cool.
    moving average is generally used by traders to assist them in seeing the trend is going. ma cross is a form of trend changes. but when the market is experiencing a sideway, then the moving average can cross many times in a short time. so it does not show the real trend change.

Member playfx is on a distinguished road playfx's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    moving average can indeed be useful for support and resistance.
    with the moving average, then it could be a consideration for us to know the right time to exit or enter the market.
    so that we can know more clearly the risk of trading.
    but we must also be aware of it's lagging nature. moving average actually only present the previous data, so if we set the period too big or too small, the effect on the moving average lines also will be confusing. so before using the precise moving average's period, we should try it with several setting. that way the support and resistance prediction will also more precise.

Member mandeeprana is on a distinguished road mandeeprana's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by sagar View Post
    moving average is the legend of indicators and also very easy to understand so that's why many traders still use this indicators for their trading and then we can combine it with the others and get a strong signals and reducle false signals, for this condition i used 3 MA and stochastic with default setting
    moving average bahut hi acha trading indicator mana jata hai aur har tarder ko is indicator ko use karna chhaaiye kyunki technical studies me is indicator ka bahut kaam hota hai..me hamehsa is indicator ki madad leke trading karta hon

Member Techno is an unknown quantity at this point Techno's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ermaniso2011 View Post
    if an indicator will be used by much traders it means they will work better.what moves the price is the decision of the traders.so if the majority of the traders will act based on the signals from moving averages then they will work.based on my own experience moving averages works well with big time frames like 1 hour 4 h and 1 day.with lower time frames they can generate wrong signals since the signals speed is very slow.
    moving average can indeed be useful for support and resistance.
    with the moving average, then it could be a consideration for us to know the right time to exit or enter the market.
    so that we can know more clearly the risk of trading.

Member manibhai2012 is on a distinguished road manibhai2012's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    Using Moving Averages to determine support and resistance
    Yes you are right because I think for scalpers determining the support and resistance has much more importance than any other things in the chart.And moving average gives a lot of ideas for the support and resistance.I always look at the moving average for determining the support and resistance.

Member iwan is on a distinguished road iwan's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I definitely consider before deciding to enter the MA market. because it is important to avoid a fatal mistake. and MA is very critically important to know the shelf-term trend, I like the long-term trading so MA is helpful to determine the position of the OP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (1)

Open