+ Reply to Thread
Page 651 of 652 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 6516

Thread: How do you calculate stop loss and take profit targets?

Banned dead will become famous soon enough dead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomfire View Post
    i think this ratio is not good.If you win and lose consecutively your net profit will be netural.So what ever you lose should be half of the last trades profit or even loss than that.
    so that if you win 2 trades and lose 1 trade you will have some profit with you at last.
    our purpose in trading is to maximize profits and suppress the loss conditions that we face so we have the ability to earn greater than the loss proft

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member zoomfire will become famous soon enough zoomfire will become famous soon enough zoomfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by pipsdragon View Post
    that is come back to trader opinion, for me risk and reward ratio 1:1 is comfortable. bep if i got profit one time and loss one time.
    i think this ratio is not good.If you win and lose consecutively your net profit will be netural.So what ever you lose should be half of the last trades profit or even loss than that.
    so that if you win 2 trades and lose 1 trade you will have some profit with you at last.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zoomfire For This Useful Post:

Experttrader (2019-02-14)

Senior Member pipsdragon will become famous soon enough pipsdragon will become famous soon enough pipsdragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by malik View Post
    Yes, while placing stop loss traders should keep in mind the risk and reward ratio. Your risk and reward ration should be at least 1:2 if you can increase this ration much better.
    that is come back to trader opinion, for me risk and reward ratio 1:1 is comfortable. bep if i got profit one time and loss one time.

Senior Member mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Well its entertaining as well as enlightening to read this thread. some of the traders are using random figures for the sl and tp targets and some use calculations to set the targets. i personally also use fibo most of the time to calculate the sl and tp targets and i also occasionally use random targets when i have enough time to spend on trading. but the point is its very important to use these targets in all our positions
    Pliz do comment here if you like the post

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mayengbam For This Useful Post:

Experttrader (2019-02-14)

Member soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 306 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    main market ke hisab se sl and tp thik karta hoon. par main most of time 30 pips ka target rakhta hoon. aur kabhi kabhi isse thoda kam ya jyada.
    I LOVE INDIAN FOREX

Banned denira has a spectacular aura about denira has a spectacular aura about denira's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dead View Post
    need is to open a demo account to practice and help us understand the market for free without fear of losing
    that's one benefit you do the exercises on a demo account without you afraid to lose and to note also is this good for the beginner

Banned medhat4forex will become famous soon enough medhat4forex will become famous soon enough medhat4forex's Avatar
    Thanks
    Usually stop loss is calculated as half to take a profit is equal to the proportion of 1: 2
    And must know that stop-loss varies from trader to another and varies from time frame to time frame last

Member alwi will become famous soon enough alwi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Losses are part and parcel of the customs and forex trading. For me, if there is no loss, not the business name. But, we need to know how to control the losses from growing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alwi For This Useful Post:

adeel.mbdin (2015-06-07), Experttrader (2019-02-14)

Member zoomfire will become famous soon enough zoomfire will become famous soon enough zoomfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    i use pivot zones or support/resistances to calculate profit and loss levels.
    or sometimes i use predefined values to calculate the values.
    i use fixed ratio of Profit loss level like 2:1.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoomfire For This Useful Post:

adeel.mbdin (2015-06-07), Experttrader (2019-02-14)

Senior Member mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by anubhavsingh View Post
    Mere khayal se stop loss aur take profit ki koi fix value nahi hoti
    ye dono cheeze support aur resistance se decide ki jati hai..jaise ki aapki buying deal ka tp uska next resistance ke pas hona chahiey aur uska sl uske next support ke paas
    Issi strategy se kafi log market me trade karte hai
    agree using support and resistance areas as sl and tp is a good way to trade, in fact there are different methods that people use to set these targets and i this thread is showing me how people are using different techniques to set these sl and tp targets
    Pliz do comment here if you like the post

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mayengbam For This Useful Post:

adeel.mbdin (2015-06-07), Experttrader (2019-02-14), jony (2012-08-30)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 651 of 652 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (16)