+ Reply to Thread
Page 650 of 652 FirstFirst ... 150 550 600 640 648 649 650 651 652 LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 6516

Thread: How do you calculate stop loss and take profit targets?

Senior Member mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rakesh View Post
    I always use a fixed stop loss and a take profit of 30 pips. That is a amount i'm willing to loose and the profit is enough for me.
    that means you are a short term trader and looking for small profits. but when one comes across a trend and closes their positions for 30pips only is as guilty as holding on to a losing trade. so in my opinion sl and 'tp targets should be dynamic
    Pliz do comment here if you like the post

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mayengbam For This Useful Post:

Experttrader (2019-02-14)

Senior Member mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam is a splendid one to behold mayengbam's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by anubhavsingh View Post
    fixed sl rakhna sahi nahi hota
    ye sow karta hai ki aapko forex ke basics nahi pata hai
    forex ke basic ke hisab se hamesha support aur resistance ko dekh ke sl rakhna chahaiye ..koi fix value nahi hoti sl ki
    i agree dude its better to calculate the sl and tp targets instead of some random figures but some people prefer to set a fixed target in all positions. And this method is not innovative in my opinion and its better to have some calculations using some techniques
    Pliz do comment here if you like the post

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mayengbam For This Useful Post:

Senior Member anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,095 Times in 577 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by preetksgill View Post
    I surf the 1 hour waves, but keep a fixed 100 pip SL while surfing, so my loss is limited but my profits are endless as long as the wave lasts.
    fixed sl rakhna sahi nahi hota
    ye sow karta hai ki aapko forex ke basics nahi pata hai
    forex ke basic ke hisab se hamesha support aur resistance ko dekh ke sl rakhna chahaiye ..koi fix value nahi hoti sl ki

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anubhavsingh For This Useful Post:

Banned nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carimas888 View Post
    i just target my profit about 50 pips for every transaction and my stop loss about 100 pips.just one position per day.i dont need more trade.just trade safe.
    But what is the money management system you are following? here risk to reward ratio is 1:2, and system is some what safe because only one trade per day.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member carimas888 is an unknown quantity at this point carimas888's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    i just target my profit about 50 pips for every transaction and my stop loss about 100 pips.just one position per day.i dont need more trade.just trade safe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carimas888 For This Useful Post:

Banned nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu has a brilliant future nilu's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by preetksgill View Post
    I surf the 1 hour waves, but keep a fixed 100 pip SL while surfing, so my loss is limited but my profits are endless as long as the wave lasts.
    I also traded some trades without take profit but i am sure i haven't got much profit in those trades, Its better to keep SL and TP based on analysis.

Thanks
    Its depend on the money management or its depend on the analysis but some people blindly follow some round figures to put SL and TP.

Senior Member anitagala124 is a name known to all anitagala124 is a name known to all anitagala124 is a name known to all anitagala124 is a name known to all anitagala124 is a name known to all anitagala124 is a name known to all anitagala124's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I always use a fixed stop loss and a take profit of 30 pips. That is a amount i'm willing to loose and the profit is enough for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anitagala124 For This Useful Post:

Member soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 306 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by malik View Post
    I am worried dragon you are not doing well. It is not good to have 1:1 risk and reward ratio. The reward should be double to your risk. It will give you more chances of winning. It is not wise to loose same amount that you want to win. If you are willing to lose $10 your reward for this risk should be at least double $ 20. I will suggest 1:3 ratio for all traders.
    thik kaha aapne.
    waise mere khyal se tp ki first chota target rakhe . aur aap agar sahi entry lihe to stop loss utna rakh sakte he jitna ki aapke tp he. main jyada tar samay 30 to 50 sl rakh ta hoon. aur tp bhi aisa hi hota he. kabhi isse bara aur kabhi isse kam tp bhi li he. par sl ek jaisa he. aur balance kam ho to chota volume pe trade kare isse balance thik rahe ga.
    I LOVE INDIAN FOREX

15. The Following User Says Thank You to soumen For This Useful Post:

Banned ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly has much to be proud of ganguly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 235 Posts
    I just want to get profit 20 pips in one day was minimal and could be more depending on how the market on that day but sometimes I put it about SL in the lowest or the highest price that day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 650 of 652 FirstFirst ... 150 550 600 640 648 649 650 651 652 LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (16)