PDA

View Full Version : How long we can have a position open?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

yogesh
2012-03-20, 01:01 AM
I have already kept a position open for around a month and never faced any issue except my trade was charged some swap fee. But is there any time limit we can keep our trade, say can i keep my trade open for few years?

ermaniso2011
2012-03-20, 08:05 AM
yes some of the broker will permit for it.but do you thin if you will really let it open?l mean if you see your account is double already after 2 months will you still wait it to be zero :)the trend will make tops and bottoms always.so if a trader will not quit in right time then the winning trade can turn into looser trade.

kaji
2012-03-20, 11:00 AM
I see no limitation to any time we let our trade open. provided we have a strong margin to hold the floating. but I think that it is not an effective trading strategy, in fact we've been able to close our trade if it is profit and open trade again to earn more profit....

raka999
2012-03-20, 11:04 AM
I think, no problem. I also still have one position on the euro / usd since november last year. I still hold. because I believe, one day will surely rise again. difference, the account I have is swap free. most importantly, we are still a large margin.

newentry
2012-03-20, 11:21 AM
and because you open swap free account, am i right?so you will never get the charged for it..
and i did it too, i used swap free account and i never got this problem, no charging..

scorpian7
2012-03-20, 12:43 PM
There isn't any restriction for a trade being open . Since swap fee is charged so it doesn't matter for the broker . If the account is swap free then it will not hurt the trader as well . However few brokers mention it very clearly that a position can be opened for this period of time . If this is not mentioned you can remain open your trade for infinite period .

yogesh
2012-03-21, 02:55 AM
yes some of the broker will permit for it.but do you thin if you will really let it open?l mean if you see your account is double already after 2 months will you still wait it to be zero :)the trend will make tops and bottoms always.so if a trader will not quit in right time then the winning trade can turn into looser trade.

Yeh is is only wise idea that we should close the position if it shows good profit, but few instruments like gold and silver are proven to give handsome returns in long term and those do not know trading can take advantage of this appreciation by investing with no or very little leverage like 1:4 which would be safe from volatility.

rahul
2012-04-09, 12:48 PM
bhai yeh to aap per depend kerta hey k aap kitni dey open rekh sektay ho, take profit her haal mien legaana chahiye werna esa na ho jo profit aye woh bhi haath sey nikal jaye, mien yehi kahoon ga k aap apni strategy k hisaab sey take profit set kero aur time frame k hisaab sey bhi,

Abdomhadi
2012-04-09, 04:40 PM
I pence about this topic that every merchant have a time who does not delimit. For example for me if my analysis is right and I saw that the market trend will remain in the direction I have summarized my position I leave open until I win the favor I want and it can last 3 hours or more.

iwan
2012-04-11, 05:12 PM
there seems no limit on how long we can let our trade position is still open. My experience had opened trading for 2 months and closed it after a profit, so long no problems.

tajdarbet
2012-04-11, 06:45 PM
I have already kept a position open for around a month and never faced any issue except my trade was charged some swap fee. But is there any time limit we can keep our trade, say can i keep my trade open for few years?

yahan par forex trading main main ne ye koi condition nahi dekhi k ham kab tak apna aaccount open rakh saktey hane main ne yahan par apni jo sab se amb trade open rakhi ha woh ha koi 8 month han gi main ne 8 month tak apni trade open rakhi ha

barkiman
2012-04-11, 08:40 PM
The answer is simple

"as lonng you want to keep it open"

Brokers did not resistrict any time duration for the trade completion you can continue with the trade untill you can mange it like there should be funds in your account to support the trade if its in negative so its on your descrition.
yes, you are correct. you can hold the position until whenever, as long as you are a big margin. for it, you better use a swap free account. so your capital is not eroded by the swap. although small, every day will be subject to charge. I still have the position from november 2011. and until recently, I have not been close.

sinaga
2012-04-13, 11:06 AM
an open long position depends on all the plans we have made the trade. when we've put take profit price san has not reached, we will wait though will take a long time. in the forex market, we can not determine how long it took to open a position for constantly changing market prices.

moti
2012-04-18, 12:51 PM
yes some of the broker will permit for it.but do you thin if you will really let it open?l mean if you see your account is double already after 2 months will you still wait it to be zero the trend will make tops and bottoms always.so if a trader will not quit in right time then the winning trade can turn into looser trade.

sidhu
2012-04-19, 02:25 PM
yahan par forex trading main main ne ye koi condition nahi dekhi k ham kab tak apna aaccount open rakh saktey hane main ne yahan par apni jo sab se amb trade open rakhi ha woh ha koi 8 month han gi main ne 8 month tak apni trade open rakhi ha

insta1988
2012-04-20, 03:19 PM
sir yeh app par depends karta hai ka app kitny time tak apni position ko open rakh sakty hain or kitna profit lena chahty hain yeh sab app apny hisaab sat set karty hain but app ko take profit lagana chahiye yeh acha hota hai.

venus
2012-04-25, 12:39 PM
as long as you have available margin your position can be open even if the pair moved for thousands of pips
if you are not using tp and sl your position can't be closed without your permission except by the margin call
or when the Forex market is over and there is no more brokers

That's right. As long as there is available margin to hold position, it's possible to hold position for long time but it's not good
idea to hold position for long time because there are many other position to maximize profit. It's better to set SL so our loss
could be limited and we can take advantages another chance.

nizamitrading
2012-04-25, 12:47 PM

nahi yaar ye itna mushkil nahi ha k kese position open ki jaye main to app ko yahi kahoun ga k app jab mt 4 login hotey ho to kisi bhi pair par jo app trade karna chatey ho par 2 click kar k koi bhi option sell ya buy use kar sakti ho or close karn aho to 2click kar k us ko close bhi kar saktey ho

Nabi Ahmed Gill
2012-04-26, 01:05 PM

agr ap really account par tradign kar raha ho or ap ka account main kafi sara balance be ha to ap ko chayia k ap jo order daya han ap un ko dehako k kon kon sa order profit miin ja raha han un ko close kar doo or proift gain kar loo or jo order loss main han un ko chalta rahan do ta ka ap ko loss na hoo or jub tak wo proift main ya us point ka as pass nhi a jta tub tak ap us order ko close na karao .

jg6073727
2012-04-30, 01:06 PM
it depends on you and your funds also. Major thing it also depend on your behavior. it you have good funds then you can have a trade for nmonths also. but if there is lack in controlling emotion then depends on you

najaf12345
2012-04-30, 01:40 PM
hi
you can keep your open position as long as you want there is not restriction on open positions but you should have the swap free account
to avoid the over night interest. i hope you people are really enjoying the forex market.

100c
2012-04-30, 01:49 PM
hi
you can keep your open position as long as you want there is not restriction on open positions but you should have the swap free account
to avoid the over night interest. i hope you people are really enjoying the forex market.

As long as you want but if you are in loss and your capital not support then better to quit. If your signal provider strong and you believe it will return to good profit then you can go long as you want. But my opinion better to take profit in time.

ishvara
2012-04-30, 02:14 PM
There are traders who are even super long term traders. They can leave a position open for one year. This shows us that we can leave our trades open from a few days to one year total as we trade forex markets.

bablu7832
2012-04-30, 02:57 PM
See I don't have any trade open for years as I am a junior in this forex business ,I don't think you need to wait for years to earn profits in forex.As far as the question concern you may have permission to do so, but market may change any time once it was 3 times of your initial amount and at the other day it may become a big ZERO.So why wait for months or years.You should close trades as you see satisfactory profits.

rock
2012-05-01, 01:07 AM
We have to go for the trading with the analysis and so that wwe can decide what to do with our trade also we have to go indicators so that we can be best here amd win lot of money.

asma
2012-05-01, 07:23 PM
If you are not using sl and tp limits you can have any trade open as much time as you want. But if it reaches on margin call then you know the result. So sl and tp limtis are best things in trading.

Maham Gill
2012-05-01, 08:06 PM

yes of course agr ap ka account main boht sara balance ha or ap ko margin call ka be dan no hoo to ap apni position ko opne rak sakta ho jatini dar ap chaho ap apni position ko open rakah skata hoo ap ass be kar sakta ho jub tak ap ko profit na earned ho tub tak ap apna order ko opne rak sakta hoo,.

birbolnath
2012-05-03, 11:46 PM
I think, its depends on yourself. If you wants to stay on same position then keen here. No problem, you can stay your own position long time. Its also helps you to get free account too.

silverfx
2012-05-04, 12:12 AM
every time i did too many mistakes.have to find a good solution.before i am going to find solution, i need to fix my my problems and mistakes.its better to set 30 pips or less,otherwise have to trade longtime.

sasa0220
2012-05-04, 08:21 AM
I think there is no such limitation. I also have some trades open three months ago. And one of my friend has hold his position more than two years. So i think there is a no such limitation. But if your getting a negative swap for the trade you will loose a lot over time

dragon
2012-05-04, 04:36 PM
It's not wrong to leave open position for long time if you're swing traders because swing traders will gain profits a lot of pips when
they left open position for long time. But it's important to know the condition of market too, so we could open position in the right
time and close it in the right time too.

raka999
2012-05-04, 07:03 PM
It's not wrong to leave open position for long time if you're swing traders because swing traders will gain profits a lot of pips when
they left open position for long time. But it's important to know the condition of market too, so we could open position in the right
time and close it in the right time too.
you also must consider how much capital you have. Do not hold the position for too long if your capital is not large. especially if you can not accurately predict market movements. in my opinion, much better today loss, rather than having to hold the floating loss until a few days. because it is ineffective. if you cover the loss today, tomorrow there is still a chance.

dmambi
2012-05-04, 08:51 PM
Yes keeping the winning trade for long time may not result in more profit all the time. We need to have an end for everything only then we will be able to enjoy the fruits of our efforts else we will be in deep mess. So it is better to have clear cut goals before placing any order on the market.

fxquest
2012-05-06, 10:40 AM
Yes keeping the winning trade for long time may not result in more profit all the time. We need to have an end for everything only then we will be able to enjoy the fruits of our efforts else we will be in deep mess. So it is better to have clear cut goals before placing any order on the market.

Of course we should keep on booking profit as and when we see it on our trades. But for any reason or may be you intend to invest for long term, i dont think there is any time limit in which you should close your trades and so you are free to keep your trades open for long term.

justpips
2012-05-06, 11:08 AM
I personally answer, you can. for the type of traders like you, it is classified into long term traders. because you can hold an open position for years. not only in forex, many traders in the gold trade that held his position for years (as did I). But my trick is, I use the account without the swap, in order to hold the position as long as possible.

naziafarhan
2012-05-06, 01:02 PM
I think we can open a position untill our account balance support the loss but if onec the margin is called then we are forcefully closed the positions and we have to see a great loss in that situation. Thanks.

hitesh
2012-05-15, 12:48 AM
bhai esa bohot baar hota hey meray saath jab kabhi meri trade buy deti hey to baki traders sell keh rehay hotay hien lekin mien bes apni trade per hi concentration kerta hun aur apnay rules ko follow kerta hun

marjuck
2012-05-21, 09:24 AM
forex market is a continuously changing market. the fluctuation of forex market is depend on the economical condition of current world. if you have more equity and have a fundamental analytic capability you can understand how long you need to wait.

abdul hamid p
2012-05-21, 10:26 AM
forex experts advise us to always use stop lose and profit target to limit losses and gain profit. But you can keep your trade open as long as you want because every one has their method

didikebenaran
2012-05-21, 10:46 AM
the no basic reason for trading forex is because you want to make extra income and by that most people enter the right track and some enter the wrong track so those that enter the right track got lucky because they want to develope more ideas to trade and while the one on the wrong track because they want to make money daily they got into trading without much tutorials.
the point that in this business do we have to have knowledge in the trade and we're always the beginning we had a chance to lose because this is a process that must be got by all the merchants and we will be able to grow in this trade if we get a good trade with the skills and it is through the process

seri
2012-05-21, 01:42 PM
If we are long-term traders so it's no need to worry when there is open position because we could gain profit more pips
when we kept open position but each trader should have target to reach too although it's possible to open position for long
time when we are swing traders.

Rizwan
2012-05-21, 02:06 PM
bhai yeh to aap per depend kerta hey k aap kitni dey open rekh sektay ho, take profit her haal mien legaana chahiye werna esa na ho jo profit aye woh bhi haath sey nikal jaye, mien yehi kahoon ga k aap apni strategy k hisaab sey take profit set kero aur time frame k hisaab sey bhi,
Long term trading ke liye dil ke bary hony ke sath sath account balance ka zayada
hona bhi zarrori hai. App 100 pips ka target sirf high investment ke sath hi rakh
sakty hian low invest ment mein to account 1 hi din mein blow up ho jaye ga.
Is ke liye skill bhi chahiye.

dragon
2012-05-21, 02:24 PM
It's possible to keep open position for more than 2 days in forex but I don't think if that is necessary except if you're swing trader
and you're sure if the price will move in trending until certain price. I think all traders must have target to reach when there is
floating position so you won't lose too much if the floating is minus. Using SL is important to limit loss in one transaction.

mmja2003
2012-05-21, 02:31 PM
I think forex brokers have no restriction on keeping a trade for long time. If you think that the price will reach at your opening price why you shouldn't keep the trade. But for making profit I think it is not a good idea to hold a trade for long time.

joko
2012-05-21, 03:31 PM
I think it's not quite good idea if you leave open position for more than 2 days except if the condition is floating profit and from
your current analysis, the movement of price has tendency to keep on the same trend. I don't quite like to become long-term
trading so I will keep open position for about 1-2 days at most.

anton
2012-05-21, 03:47 PM
I think it's not quite good idea if you leave open position for more than 2 days except if the condition is floating profit and from
your current analysis, the movement of price has tendency to keep on the same trend. I don't quite like to become long-term
trading so I will keep open position for about 1-2 days at most.

I think our live trading system, if we use the trading system of longterm I think it does not matter if we open trade membiarkakn 2 days, even a weekly basis. It all really depends on trading systems that we use, and I believe that every trader has a system that is different

golpo20
2012-05-21, 03:50 PM
i do think you have minimal expense or maybe you should not nevertheless take care of anyone dollars if you want to receive big profit from forex and then you need to analyze the marketplace profoundly and also use every little thing regarding fx trading.

will
2012-05-21, 04:44 PM
Different style of trader can be different to let open position for how long time. For short-term trader, I am sure if it's not good idea
to let open position for more than a day. It's happening for intraday trader too but intraday trader could be more flexible than short-term
trader like scalpers or news trader. But for long-term trader like swing trader, I think it's okay to open position for more than a week as
long as the condition is not worse and worse. There must be limit although it's okay to let open position for long time.

anton
2012-05-21, 07:59 PM
it is totally upto u You can keep your open position as long as you want, there is not restriction on open positions but you should have the swap free account to avoid the over night interest.

absolutely right, all depending on our own, depending on what we use trading techniques, trading techniques because it very much at all, and if we use all the well will produce a good profit as well, so any technique that we use we should be able to master the fine .

naijafx
2012-05-22, 06:25 AM
I can hold positions over night, but that doesn't mean i can hold positions for days. It will take a very long analysis before i would do that.

didikebenaran
2012-05-22, 07:51 AM
when you see that now the trend is changing then you should quit the trade otherwise it is better that you should keep long your positions so that you should get some good profit from the forex.

sometimes it is very important to have a trade that uses trade to trade that can make you feel the long-term trading and I am sure it will be better both in trade

seri
2012-05-22, 09:56 AM
I think it's depending on price which is taken from open position to determine how long we will hold open position.
If the open position is in good price and it was possible to gain more profit when I hold position for longer period so
there is no reason not to hold it. But there must be limitation in what price (range of price) to close it. If the condition is
floating minus so I prefer to close it soon, not more than a day.

hamadmuneer
2012-05-22, 10:11 AM
yes bhai jaan app jab tak chaho positions open rakh sakty hian isse koi problem nahi hota haan lakin itny din market ka wait karna be aci baat nahi itni din main app kitna profit be kama sakty thy is liy kehty hian ke stop loss lagana bohat zaroori hota hai is trha itny din trads phasi nahi rehti

joko
2012-05-22, 12:45 PM
I think it's depending on price which is taken from open position to determine how long we will hold open position.
If the open position is in good price and it was possible to gain more profit when I hold position for longer period so
there is no reason not to hold it. But there must be limitation in what price (range of price) to close it. If the condition is
floating minus so I prefer to close it soon, not more than a day.

You're right. It's easier to hold open position if the position is floating profit because we could set Trailing Stop Loss to prevent big
losses while we waited for Target Profit which is far enough. But it's bad idea to hold floating minus position for long time because
it will cause bigger losses.

eddy
2012-05-22, 12:46 PM
trade in the open position there is no limit to the importance of capital used in trade can be secured for the open position and when the capital used by itself it will expire without any confirmation at all

newentry
2012-05-22, 01:08 PM

well, you have the right answer and we do not let the order become zero or floating minus, so we have to close it if we think that it is good and enough , for it we do not need to hold to long..:good:

anton
2012-05-22, 01:59 PM
You're right. It's easier to hold open position if the position is floating profit because we could set Trailing Stop Loss to prevent big
losses while we waited for Target Profit which is far enough. But it's bad idea to hold floating minus position for long time because
it will cause bigger losses.

very true, I am very difficult to perform calculations that, for me better if it can not touch the price predictions take profit, I will close the trade manually, and I do order the position again, but after passing the first analysis, when the analysis was done then do the order position.

waqtitrader
2012-05-23, 08:29 PM

app forex trading main ne koi bhi time limite nahi ha kioun k mainne apni ek trade koi ek saal tak open rakhi ha or mugh ko koi bhi masla nahi howa ha es main main to sahi baat ha k forex trading main kafi position open rakh chuka houn

golpo20
2012-05-23, 10:05 PM
I do believe it is dependent upon selling price that is obtained from open up placement to find out the time most of us will probably hold open up placement. If the open up placement is within great selling price and yes it has been doable to achieve far more earnings while i hold placement with regard to lengthier interval therefore there is no reason never to hold this. Although there has to be limitation throughout just what selling price to shut this. If the ailment is usually sailing less therefore i choose to shut this quickly.

hitesh
2012-05-25, 12:15 AM

aamu
2012-06-06, 11:29 PM
you also must consider how much capital you have. Do not hold the position for too long if your capital is not large. especially if you can not accurately predict market movements. in my opinion, much better today loss, rather than having to hold the floating loss until a few days. because it is ineffective. if you cover the loss today, tomorrow there is still a chance.

puri
2012-06-06, 11:47 PM
I think, no problem. I also still have one position on the euro / usd since november last year. I still hold. because I believe, one day will surely rise again. difference, the account I have is swap free. most importantly, we are still a large margin.

embrio
2012-06-14, 08:32 AM
we can open a position in the not unlimited, as long as we have a margin that can withstand the loss of our open positions, so if we want to open a position for a long time, then we have to open a position with a very small volume.

ayusri
2012-06-14, 08:34 AM
I do believe it is dependent upon selling price that is obtained from open up placement to find out the time most of us will probably hold open up placement. If the open up placement is within great selling price and yes it has been doable to achieve far more earnings while i hold placement with regard to lengthier interval therefore there is no reason never to hold this. Although there has to be limitation throughout just what selling price to shut this. If the ailment is usually sailing less therefore i choose to shut this quickly.

Never open more than one position for a curency that is running in the same time let him get a touch or tap TP SL because if we enter another trading sedangberjalan while trading profit, despite being most likely to occur because perbalikan los unexpected price if this happens then we had two stalls that we do not intentionally trading so let it touch it touch the TP or SL hinga we can truly know keduduka and the results of this trade and we will open a new position at the same curency if menggunakaan new analysis or trend while simultaneously is continuing to be on guard all this not to happen twice as los as a desire to benefit a great deal and this is no way a professional trading.

chirag111222
2012-06-14, 08:40 AM
dude it depends on your forex broker and itz nt that great planning to hv money accumulated for 1 -2 yrss this would be helpful bt money shouldnt be accumulated dude it will go thru mny upzz and down and if ther is strong marin then only u cn holdon .....

sufanw1
2012-06-14, 08:48 AM
We will open up a position in trading profit. And principles that I took in forex trading is "not going to close the position I had open before the profit position". That says a word and I took Principles and planted in me. And all that I got from my teacher who had become a successful trader.

ayusri
2012-06-14, 04:23 PM
We will open up a position in trading profit. And principles that I took in forex trading is "not going to close the position I had open before the profit position". That says a word and I took Principles and planted in me. And all that I got from my teacher who had become a successful trader.

there is no time to how long we can leave the position open, without restriction as long as our margins are still strong with available capital tell you a thousand dollars of capital and trading only 0.05 to one tahunpun lot then your capital will not be discharged due to the very low margins used, until now there has never been any curency it can go up or go down to a thousand points in one year, it had never existed, because of how much down a curency though he would rise again later will go down as well, here we have the experience with capital USD $ 25 open positions and forget about it until three months without stoplos and without having to take profit when the thought was there and seen the addition of up to fifteen dollars in the account of the broker's profit is unfortunately closed when not in when the withdarawl can and can not, different every broker is different but certainly there is no limit to how long our trading position is open if there is no swap of course will not reduce the amount of capital over the capital balance is still strong to withstand the available margin.

hello927
2012-06-14, 05:26 PM
If you have swap free acount then there is no restriction and onre can open his position for infinite period. It depends upon the trader that what strategy he adopts. It is managable at every stage.

hello927
2012-06-14, 05:28 PM
Yes. if you have swap free account then there is no problem for opening of position. It can be opened for infinite period and it is managable in forex. It depends upon the trader that what type of strategy he adopts.

Nusrat
2012-06-14, 05:33 PM
Yea you can keep your trade for year after year it has no limitation but you have to be careful with your trade because any time any ting can be happened here, most of the expert trader long term trade to get a big profit from this market.

fandi
2012-06-14, 05:36 PM
Yea you can keep your trade for year after year it has no limitation but you have to be careful with your trade because any time any ting can be happened here, most of the expert trader long term trade to get a big profit from this market.

there no limit when we hold our position in trading but we get swap
because our trading is overnigt ... so we have to think about if we hold our position...

fauzibowo
2012-06-14, 05:56 PM
there no limit when we hold our position in trading but we get swap
because our trading is overnigt ... so we have to think about if we hold our position...

This is one advantage in forex we do not have specific rules in the open position, so we are free to trade and here too there are many pairs that we sell are ready to buy, our lives have a good trading skills can definitely get results from every position that we make.

executor
2012-06-14, 07:14 PM

There was no problem with the open position all the time, months and even years. I judge you are a long term trader. I never leave the position open for a long time, because I chose a short-term trading. I can not wait too long to see the position of floating.

mayengbam
2012-06-14, 10:44 PM

but why would anyone keep a position running for years. The objective of trading is to make money not to keep the position running for a long time to make history (LOL). Its better to close a position after a reasonable profit is made instead of waiting for a long time to make good profits

abdullahmuslim
2012-06-15, 12:44 PM
dude it depends on your forex broker and itz nt that great planning to hv money accumulated for 1 -2 yrss this would be helpful bt money shouldnt be accumulated dude it will go thru mny upzz and down and if ther is strong marin then only u cn holdon .....

I guess you're right ... it does depend on each of our broker because the broker will be more aware of what we do not know .. thank you sir, I like your opinion of this .. always provide the best and success always

ashar
2012-06-15, 02:12 PM
If your balance a little, you should use a small lot sizes. I tested the new strategy on a demo account. You must be patient to learn in a demo account. all traders are also starting to learn in a demo account, then you can start trading on cent accounts

brutu
2012-06-15, 03:22 PM
our trade open, at any given time does not see boundaries. We are provided with a strong margin to hold the floating point. Although I think that it is not an effective trading strategy, we can close our trade if the trade is held in profit again to get more real

nobby
2012-06-15, 03:44 PM

You can keep your trade open for as long as you like and there will be no problem for you. If you trade does not face a loss it will keep on going on and on until you close it or it hits your take profit. On the other hand a stop loss can stop the trade for you but the broker will not do anything about your trade even it goes on for years.

darksaimon
2012-06-15, 03:45 PM
i think no restriction to any dimension we let our trade agape. provided we individual a muscular margin to hold the floating. but I anticipate that it is not an strong trading strategy, in fact we've been able to stingy our trade if it is profit and yield trade again to garner statesman profit.

Anuruddha
2012-06-15, 08:49 PM
I believe opened trading position can be kept as long as you wish. But there will be up and downs in the gains in long run since value always varies.
I addition to that swap fee will be charged for the trade.

raka999
2012-06-15, 09:27 PM
If you are the type of long term trader, until a few days no problem. because you already have a long-term analysis of a pair. so, although exposed to floating, you still feel comfortable. The most important is the power of capital you have. thank you ......

biyen
2012-06-18, 01:45 PM
It is not about short or long time to hold possitions. In my opinion it's much better to take profits when some irregularity occurs, when the trend is slowing down. I also think that there's no difference between loosing money or not realizing potential profits. It's just our psychology, which tells us: "Oh man, why don't you let the market retrace its part, it could continue the main trend afterwards

kiran
2012-06-20, 12:33 PM
Of course we should keep on booking profit as and when we see it on our trades. But for any reason or may be you intend to invest for long term, i dont think there is any time limit in which you should close your trades and so you are free to keep your trades open for long term.

ayakcalysta
2012-06-25, 03:52 PM
It is your account,s affordability to open position for how much time. If our balance is low never risk to remain positions open. If you are sure about the movement then do it for a limited time and check your trades regularly.

I do not understand the purpose of you, but here I try to interpret the intent of you. that you are referring to is if we want a business in a relaxed and maximum income can then choose the forex business. because only the forex business that can take you achieve a bright future.

atif58
2012-06-25, 04:26 PM
I have never seen time limitations for a trade. But i think It is not a good trading practice to keep open trades for months. Because it requires huge capitals. Do trade for medium term or short term. It is profitable and also have low brain stress and low loses.

khanforex
2012-06-25, 04:40 PM

kapil_chemical_07
2012-06-25, 04:51 PM
There is no time limit for it.You may position open for unlimited time.If your balance becomes zero then the position will automatically close. Otherwise, you may keep it for life time.But, this types of works is not a intelligent work.Best of luck.

moomena
2012-06-25, 05:17 PM
There is no time limit for it.You may position open for unlimited time.If your balance becomes zero then the position will automatically close. Otherwise, you may keep it for life time.But, this types of works is not a intelligent work.Best of luck.

you can open your position fore days yes if your trade not give you profit or floating in minus so let it for another day to see but all this need big capital because the market may move more pip and if you have small capital you will face call margin

miketega3
2012-06-25, 09:25 PM
for me one thing i look at before i either buy or sell a currency is the trend , i hold on to a position if the market is still trending but as soon as i detect change of trend i will close my position and take my profit.

taufiqbd
2012-06-27, 01:03 PM
There is no time limit for a trade you can thousand years stay a single trade, if you do not get swap charge then you open swap free account then you do not pay any swap charge. The main thing to long trade you have need good analysis then you make more profit by long trading.

kalatim
2012-06-27, 04:01 PM
for everyone who has inscribed in Forex, you must use the demo account and gain knowledge visit the website www. Baby pips.com this website have their own training school you can get more information on this site. You can also make a good trader.

ForexMarket
2012-06-27, 06:47 PM
I think that it depend on strategy, each trader have a strategy, some traders like to keep a position day by day, but some traders like to open and close a position in a day. For me i open and close a position in a day.

kalia
2012-06-27, 09:11 PM
There isn't any regulating for a trade beingness unprotected . Since swop fee is hot so it doesn't affair for the broker . If the account is exchange aweigh then it testament not spite the trader as excavation . Nonetheless few brokers mean it rattling understandably that a billet can be opened for this period of indication . If this is not mentioned you can rest afford your trade for boundless point .

nuh514
2012-06-27, 09:36 PM

There is no limit of keeping position intact. But if you have the account with swap then if your floating result is in loss then you will also have to pay interest on this negative net floating profit whereas if you are in profit in floating money then you will be given interest on that floating profit which is a good thing.

sammy
2012-06-27, 09:38 PM
yes of couse you can open a trade as long as you like. if it wsnt allowed then how do you think it is possible for those big traders who invest by seeing monthly chart and keep the money in market for year or so and take profit together? it is completely normal.

susanto
2012-06-27, 09:40 PM
I think that it depend on strategy, each trader have a strategy, some traders like to keep a position day by day, but some traders like to open and close a position in a day. For me i open and close a position in a day.

all depends on the strategies we use, is the average novice trader safer play at the beginning of market opening and closing at the end of the market.

adeusi
2012-06-27, 10:34 PM
most of the time the time frame may determine how long we can open a position, if it is 5 minutes time frame, you better sit down to watch your trade or if it is 15 time frame sit down within 2 hours and make your money and close the position. but if it is hours it can take a very long time.

Skyboys007
2012-06-27, 10:50 PM
Dont you have any profit target?I keep open my trade as long as it not hitting my profit target.Why i keep open my trade without any target?Is it a blind trade?

ahsankhan
2012-06-27, 11:22 PM

app jo hai apni position kafi time tak open rahak sakta hain may nahi samjhta kay is may koi pabandi hai aur may na abhi tak nahi dekha hai kay is may koi pabandi hai.

dharampal
2012-06-29, 05:33 PM
you can open you trade as much time you want but one condition you must have good balance in trading account .ability to hold loss if market very down according to order your open.so better maintain your balance .

safayet39
2012-06-29, 05:45 PM
I am not sure about this information as I have many Indian friends trading with UWC and they had no problem wiring money from and to their trading accounts.
May be they meant making a forex market locally.
Try them out www.uwcfx.com

but i heard again that most of the banks are not accepting the bank wire transfer from outside india in such businesses. and also according to rbi rules depositing money in foreign account for such business by an individual is considered as illegal, by the way can you refer your indian friends to this thread for discussion?

tw2012
2012-06-29, 06:01 PM
I think there is no any restriction on how long the position can be opened. If you think you can make profits and is your strategy in forex then you can opened it as long as possible, but in my opinion this is no a very good strategy.

sapna
2012-07-04, 11:35 PM

arbi
2012-07-08, 03:47 PM
metal especially gold metal usually named as save heaven trading, because in any condition, gold could not move to lower price even now we know that sometimes gold get to low price,but on the future gold would make big movement then

cozard007
2012-07-08, 03:59 PM
I don`t think that there is a time limitation in the account position opening, but don`t ever forget that if you are not using the swap free account, the swap can take everything without notice.

raka999
2012-07-08, 04:03 PM
have never seen time limitations for a trade. But i think It is not a good trading practice to keep open trades for months. Because it requires huge capitals. Do trade for medium term or short term. It is profitable and also have low brain stress and low loses.
as a beginner, we should be trading on a daily basis. profit or loss, you should selelsaikan in one day, so no overnight positions. you will be protected from distress or stress. always close all positions in a single day can make you more disciplined

kakuly
2012-07-08, 05:23 PM
How long we can have a position open?

I thinks its depends on trading style. some trader trade in short profit. and some trader trade in long profit. but some time pair price up high or down long. then some position become harmful. then trader wait long time to back price. here swap is a factor, if trading account is swap free its better. otherwise its must painful.

napkin
2012-07-08, 06:54 PM
If the account is swap disentangled then it will not hurt the trader as shaft . However few brokers mention it very understandably that a post can be opened for this period of time . If this is not mentioned you can remain staring your trade for myriad stop .

dragon
2012-07-11, 02:44 PM
There is no exact time to spend to hold open position in forex trading because each trader has different style and has different
analysis to current condition. As long as there is risk management to limit loss, so it's okay to hold position for long time because
swing traders will hold position for long time too.

boniez
2012-07-11, 03:19 PM
we certainly before trading and open positions have been determine where the take profit and stop loss, so you will not lose too, because I think the loss due to incorrect detection of stop loss was found.

dutchbangla
2012-07-11, 04:55 PM
If you want to raise your position then you wait for 2 month or 3 month.. The main thing is you have a patient and patient then you will improve your possition...

ronin
2012-07-11, 05:10 PM
from what I know, there is no time limit to keep open a trading position. because there are many traders who hold positions for years. if you want trade like that, I suggest to do so on account of swap free, in order to further save you money.

aimisfx
2012-07-11, 05:48 PM
I am very difficult to perform calculations for the better if you can not move the price of earnings forecasts, I close the trade manually and I do it for office again, but after the first analysis when the analysis was done and then make the position of order. If the investment is opened into a large sale and possibly make a profit much while I hold the investment longer intervals, there is no reason to ever hold.

haggalla
2012-07-11, 05:52 PM
For that problem I can't give an exact answer. Actually it will depend on the mental situation at that moment, I normally don't use the Stop Loss. I had kept a trade open for a 6 month time finally got profit of 1 pip.

will
2012-07-11, 06:45 PM
I don't like to hold position too long so I will close position if it has been floating about 2 days at most. If it was possible,
I prefer to close position everyday because there are many condition of market which could give profit for me. It's better to
find out another profitable condition.

vijai21
2012-07-11, 07:18 PM
i think swap free account is suitable to you to avoid interests.you can open trade as long as you wish until you feel it is going in a way of profit.

khanam liza
2012-07-11, 07:36 PM
In my seance there is no restricted to open a position but it's depend on u how long u wanna to keep open position. but u have to ignore swap fee account.

antosco
2012-07-11, 08:23 PM
The more reason why I don't like living a trade opened over night because I would usually be charged for swap free. I would rather that I close a trade before it is midnight. The number of time we can leave our trade open simply depends on our trading style, for scalpers, they don't need to leave their trade open but whereas for swing traders, there is need for them to leave their trade open.

jhonky
2012-07-11, 08:29 PM
My suggestion for beginners including myself when looking for an opportunity to open positions then seek the highest possible price to sell and look for the lowest possible price to buy and when we get that position do not be a quick way to remove the circle has its own prices with the very long

haryadi88
2012-07-11, 08:36 PM
i don't think that we should keep positions opened for years not even for months. try to close your position as soon as you get a profit. sometimes we can get about 20% - 30% profits from capital per month with several trades.

I am always put take profits on my trade with 30 points. With that tight target, I think I can reach and close that target because sometimes pairs have high range per day

shohel molla
2012-07-11, 08:37 PM
I have already a swap account.it's save your interest From your every Trade.For this reasons i transfer my account general account to swap free account.If you can apply for Swap account your broker account help you .Thanks for your post.

jimloveski
2012-07-11, 08:55 PM

I don't think there is a time limit for that. The position can be closed by Stop loss, Take profit, Manually closing or Margin call. There are many long term traders who use 'Buy and hold' strategy so I think it would not be fair to give a time limit for position.

joko
2012-07-11, 09:38 PM
I don't know for other traders, but for me I prefer to open position at most 2 positions in a time. If I open more than
2 positions then I must use good money management to limit losses and control profit and loss for every transaction.
And I only open position when I am ready with the risk of loss.

tashnotashi
2012-07-12, 12:10 PM

es main koi bhi masla nahi ha kioun k main ne es main apni ek position taqreeban koi 6 month tak open rakhi thi es liye main to es ko nahi samghta k es ki open rakhney ki koi bhi limite ha jab tak dil chiye open rakhu

sgiant
2012-07-12, 01:58 PM
We can hold an open position in which he depends on market conditions. If movement occurs a long trend, could have an open position until a month or even more.

leherchand
2012-07-19, 01:06 PM

Sun-Moon
2012-07-19, 11:47 PM
If you want to keep open a position for long time, you have to big balance. Because there are so rising and declining for long time.

pbelim
2012-07-19, 11:55 PM
I don't think you need to wait for years to earn profits in Forex.As far as the question concern you may have permission to do so, but market may change any time once it was 3 times of your initial amount and at the other day it may become a big ZERO.

dragon
2012-07-20, 12:12 AM
I don't think you need to wait for years to earn profits in Forex.As far as the question concern you may have permission to do so, but market may change any time once it was 3 times of your initial amount and at the other day it may become a big ZERO.

Sure, it's no need to wait for years to gain profits in forex but it will need a lot of time to spend to realize consistent profits in forex
because there is no one who could make good analysis instantly. It will need practices to realize it. And about open position in floating
condition, I think it's better to give Stop Loss. I prefer to use it as limitation than using how long time to keep in open position.

chirag111222
2012-07-20, 12:30 AM
i came to know that there is no limit for keeping our position but there are certain steps to be taken care of leverage and our risk/reward ratio and our capital must be some worthy to hold this leverage and some planning for long trade should be accomplished .

sazzad
2012-07-20, 01:08 AM
I heard that one trader kept his position for one year but his trade was in gold and from this trade he got huge money because we know that from the year of 2000 gold market is going continuous upward and i think it was big achievement for this trader.

norix
2012-07-20, 03:55 AM
I heard that one trader kept his position for one year but his trade was in gold and from this trade he got huge money because we know that from the year of 2000 gold market is going continuous upward and i think it was big achievement for this trader.

like a money do not grow up, but to me as if we do not make the position too long because it makes a monotonous trade, our capital will also die at one point too long to wait for the trade and also not good, but that does not mean perfunctory only

antosco
2012-07-20, 05:19 AM

The trader who left his positioned opened for a year must be a good analyst and should have done enough analysis to know that he was on the right track. I have never opened any of my position for anything more than 2 days because I hate when my account is floating in negative.

rofeq
2012-07-20, 06:04 AM

Gold trading is always going up and the market is good but I think the gold trade requires substantial capital investment in trading if the minor will be lost and can not compete there

sadam
2012-07-20, 06:29 AM
we can have a position open for worke. we could use a place open for worke . we can easily employ a location openfor worke. you can easliy contain a job openfor worke. we're able to have a relatively standing openfor worke? you can easlily enjoy a status openfor worke?

but we must be careful in opening a trade position because if we are wrong in an order contrary to the position and direction of the trend then we will be a big loss, so here it is important to have good analytical skills.

ahmedi
2012-07-20, 06:54 AM
like a money do not grow up, but to me as if we do not make the position too long because it makes a monotonous trade, our capital will also die at one point too long to wait for the trade and also not good, but that does not mean perfunctory only
All ordersmust consider the predictions and analyze we must make good trade, and good profit, so i must say that you must have some good knowledge and must have some good strategies which will surely helps you to make some good profit on your trade,

shorif
2012-07-20, 07:14 AM
There's no limitation for any industry becoming open up. Because exchange charge is actually billed therefore it does not matter for that agent. When the accounts is actually exchange free of charge after that it won't harm the actual investor too. Nevertheless couple of agents point out this really obviously that the placement could be opened up with this time period. In the event that this isn't pointed out you are able to stay open up your own industry with regard to unlimited time period.

shorif
2012-07-20, 07:35 AM
There isn't a stops to get a business getting available. Given that change payment will be incurred thus no matter for your dealer. In the event the consideration will be change totally free next you won't damage the particular dealer at the same time. Nonetheless handful of brokerages talk about that extremely plainly a place may be exposed because of this time frame. When this is simply not described it is possible to continue to be available the business regarding limitless period of time.

pinki je
2012-07-20, 07:39 AM
mere khial main koi limit nahi hoti hian ke app kitny din tak position open rakh sakty hian app jitny din tak marzi open rakho lakin kia faida itny din position open rakhny ka inhain band kar ke new kam karna chahye

xomes
2012-07-20, 07:47 AM
indeed in an embedded system typically has a very comprehensive rule rule
then of why should we as traders do rule rule that already embedded in the trading system wisely
so we can minimize the risk to the smallest possible munggunakan our trading system, respectively
All strategy is good and make better trade is everything we need to maximize profits and grow wealth, we need to minimize risk to it bearest minimum. High risks could cause more higher losses. Always try to protect your profits

halim75
2012-07-20, 08:05 AM
I want to keep open my position for around month and never faced any issue except trade charged some swap fee, but all time need your money for trade limit, so you can around the month and years, never pace problem.

jerryandika
2012-07-20, 08:28 AM
good, of its own with the prediction that trading itself is a plus compared with predictions of others. Moreover, if we are able to predict well and able to profit consistently. But the stock trading without trading knowledge that we might as well donate money to the broker. So before you decide to let our own trading Arm yourself with knowledge of trading and trading up to a lot to learn as much as possible

marunet
2012-07-20, 08:30 AM
but the most we find the average trader to take advantage in every day are using H-1 - H4, and this is probably the time that he traveled in taking advantage in every day ..

trader who usually perform trade is setyiap day trader that uses a small time frame like 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour, and they have a strategy that fits with this time frame.

devvi
2012-07-20, 09:44 AM
trader who usually perform trade is setyiap day trader that uses a small time frame like 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour, and they have a strategy that fits with this time frame.

if we have become so powerful that sesinkat mungknkita time will be quick to get the results we desire, and targets that we do not have to be a lot easier to feel satisfied

will
2012-07-20, 12:49 PM
As far as I know, I think we can have an open position as long as we want, it can take for years before you close it if you want. So for example, if you like to invest in gold, you can start buying now, and then close it after five years, and you will definitely earn big because the price of gold is always getting high.

Yes. It's possible to let floating position for long time as we want but it will be better if we gave
limitation how long we should hold in open position. If we didn't want to hold it with certain time
so we can use Stop Loss to limit the losses.

sgiant
2012-07-20, 02:11 PM
I will keep my position open again the trend is continuing, but I have to lock in profits that I have got. This method requires patience.

goldenmember
2012-07-20, 02:16 PM
You can hold your trades for as long as you want. I find that I hold trades for less than an hour. If I have a trade for over an hour, it normally tends to lose because I did not get the fast movement I wanted.

sadam
2012-07-20, 02:46 PM
You can hold your trades for as long as you want. I find that I hold trades for less than an hour. If I have a trade for over an hour, it normally tends to lose because I did not get the fast movement I wanted.

I think that we are better off trading in accordance with the rule we have made do not let us try to break that rule, except that we change the rule, and certainly the rule change we have to go through the experiment on a demo account.

sgiant
2012-07-20, 02:53 PM
I think that we are better off trading in accordance with the rule we have made do not let us try to break that rule, except that we change the rule, and certainly the rule change we have to go through the experiment on a demo account.
I agree with your opinion. If you violate trade rules that have been made will destroy everything and will make a big loss.

leherchand
2012-07-20, 10:29 PM
I do not understand the purpose of you, but here I try to interpret the intent of you. that you are referring to is if we want a business in a relaxed and maximum income can then choose the forex business. because only the forex business that can take you achieve a bright future.

moss
2012-07-26, 03:58 PM
Yes, you can keep your trade open for years.I think there is no restriction.But it is not a good work.It is a foolish work.You should use take profit.You can set it in a long distance to get a huge profit.That will be an intelligent work.But don't keep it just only open.Forex trading is a very profitable and interesting work.So why will you not trade in Forex?its really wondering.

nasima
2012-07-29, 08:56 PM
Hi guys I think and I see no limitation to any time we let our trade open , provided we have a strong margin to hold the floating, buy I think that it is not an effective trading strategy......................

unmadasrom
2012-07-29, 09:05 PM
Yes you can keep your Forex position open for any length of time that you want. This type of trading is known as swing trading or position trading. Carry traders keep their position open for months.

trading4life
2012-07-29, 09:36 PM
in my point of view I believe, one day will surely rise again. difference, the account I have is swap free. most importantly, we are still a large margin. and happy trading day

Dragon
2012-07-29, 10:13 PM
i think some times, there are some brokers can limit your swap free. But you may position open for unlimited time. You can open your position until your balance becomes zero and then the position will automatically close. Otherwise, you may keep it for life time. Good luck for you.

rita
2012-07-30, 12:40 AM
How long? It depends on the trend of trade.I can sometimes close shortly.
It sometimes takes long time.

adityafx
2012-07-30, 12:45 AM
play long term trader if you want to exercise patience, let alone who is accustomed to trading scalping
it's been tough but not impossible to try, is to be patient long term trading

sam4777
2012-07-30, 01:02 AM
yeah you can do that thing with some of brokers but i don't understand that why some one do like that? when i open any trade i try to close it in profit so whenever my trade becomes in profit i close it, and it dont have few years.

sinaga
2012-07-30, 01:04 AM
yeah you can do that thing with some of brokers but i don't understand that why some one do like that? when i open any trade i try to close it in profit so whenever my trade becomes in profit i close it, and it dont have few years.
all depends on the trading strategies you use. as long as you can make a profit, you are free to close your trade position. but if we use a longer time frame, we also take a long time to close the position that we make.

hmbelal
2012-07-30, 01:06 AM
any issue except my trade was charged some swap fee but is there any time limit we can keep our trade say can i keep my trade open ror few years

forexctg
2012-07-30, 01:06 AM
I think it is depend on you strategy if you want then you can open your trade for many years because some of the gold trader did open their trade 5 years ago but they did not close their trade till now and i am also trying to do this type of work.

sathivai
2012-07-31, 02:56 AM

hello friend i see there are no time limitation have in yout open trade you can hold your open trade until lose all of your money

dimpal
2012-08-07, 01:23 AM
NO koi limit nahi hai trade open rakhne ki.Hum jab chale tab tak limit open rakh sakte hai . Mene 2 months pehle weekly formation se ak trade kiya huaa hai woh aaj bhi open hai.ye tab tak open rahega jab tak mera target na aa jaye.

heartily
2012-08-07, 05:11 AM
they should have to follow the guidelines for the trading in this market those persons should have the knowledge for the expansion in this trading with a great extent also so we have to realize specially for the newbie to take the appropriate consideration about this market

abbey ak
2012-08-07, 06:10 AM
well we can leave a position open for as long as we really think if only we find out that we are at the winning side of the trade and i think i would advise all traders never to leave trade for so long rather we should make use of the trialling stop that can really help protect the numbers of profit we have gained in the trading

abcforex
2012-08-07, 07:24 AM
Yes, you are saying right but according to me you open your position when ever the market is in your favor, the pair that you have trade in the market , is slow in variation then try to see the situation if further down then to stop and close your position.

truegoa
2012-08-07, 10:48 AM
hello friend i see there are no time limitation have in yout open trade you can hold your open trade until lose all of your money

lol.. What a direct opinion. :D Do not be like that! Every trader has his own strategy, no matter he will just let his orders opened in months or years (?); or they will just close his trade a second after he opened it. Actually, there is the best strategy of it, since everyone will have very subjective strategy and opinion.

venus
2012-08-07, 01:14 PM
before we get profit we should not close the positions, but when thr free margin is low ang graphicc we falk fast we had to close the position to avoid a margin call and keep your cappitaal.

I am disagree with you if we should close position when we are profit only because there is no one who could make sure
100% profit in every transaction. We must be realistic and wise trader, sometimes we could suffer losses so we must be able
to reduce the risk so we won't lose too much in one transaction.

riya
2012-08-07, 01:48 PM
As longer as you necessary but if you are in red and your capital not sustenance then advisable to depart. If your communication businessperson reinforced and you anticipate it will repay to fresh profit then you can go elongated as you necessary. But my thought gambler to bang profit in case

garrysidhu
2012-08-07, 01:55 PM
Actually I am a newbie on forex trading that's why I don't know how to get or open a position on forex. Anyone can please help me.

jab aap trade start karte hein and order place karte ho buy or sell pe to usko position open karna kehte he shaid .hmm agar bade capital ke sath trade karte hein to hmar postion long time tak open reh sakti he

venus
2012-08-07, 10:45 PM
yes i think so, the trading takes patience and placement take profit and stop loss right. closing position is not based on time, but based on the market is going.

I am agree with you if it's better to set SL and TP to limit profit and loss in each transaction so it's no need to worry to open
position for how long time in each transaction to hold in open position. I prefer to close transaction everyday no matter the
position is profit or loss.

isbhacker
2012-08-08, 02:04 AM
Ant broker of forex dont limit us for opening time of positions,We can open position for years or even decades,And also for just a second whatever we want and whatever our targets are.

sweetrevenge88
2012-08-08, 07:51 AM
If you have a position that has been running for days already and in +100 pips positive then wait no more,close it right away. Don't wait for more profits because you might regret it later. Remember...the market can turn against us anytime. Any profit is better than nothing...

truegoa
2012-08-08, 12:19 PM
I think it's depending on each trader, if the trader is short-term trader so he will keep open position at most whole day only. But if the trader is swing trader so it's possible to hold position in open position for more than a day, it's possible a week or more than a week. If me, I prefer to hold position when I am ready with the losses.

That's obviously true that how long we can have a positon open will be very depent on what kind of strategy we use. In my case, I prefer not to let my orders open in overnight. I am a mini swing trader (intraday type), so I will never get my best dream if I let my trades open during night.

dareking
2012-08-08, 02:22 PM
well yeh to hamary apna uper depend karta hai ke hum position ko kitne time tak open rakh sakte hain. main khud yahan new hun or mujhe itna pata hai ke two month tak hum position open rakh sakte hain but years ka nahi pata. but best yahi hai ke two or three days se zaida position open na rakhen.

bhai 2 month to kafi jayda ho jata hai, 2 month mein market kaha se kaha hota hai, kuch malum nahi hota hai, mere hisaab se agar long term trading karte hai, to aapko 10 din ke ander ander 200 pip profit araam se kama sakte hai, to long term trading mein itna samay order open rakhna thik hoga.

roopesh11
2012-08-08, 06:20 PM
We can run our position for a long time. But for that we have more equity in our account. Then our trade will run in the market for a long time. By taking small lots in the trading we will be safe and also work for a long time if the market is against us.

Rak
2012-08-08, 06:27 PM
Postion open rakhna to double edged knief hai yeh aap ke liye bahut profitable bhi ho sakta hai agar aap ki postion open hai or market ka rukh(dirction) aap ki favour main hai. Yeh aap ka nuskshan bhi utna hi kar sakta hai agar market ki direction aap se opposite hai. Jo log limit main profit or loss lena chahte hai un ke liye open position nahi hai.ye risky game hai

happytrader
2012-08-08, 08:05 PM
You must wait to take the profits you achieved but you should be impatient with your wrong trades you must close them or you will increase your losses and you will close them with more losses so enjoy less losses you can recover them in next trades

mrinalini
2012-08-08, 10:34 PM
that's for sure, Definite, but this depends on the margin if the margin was large as possible to maintain an open position from trading in the market to a considerable period of time definite and there are many traders technical analysis of their own long-term

As long as the equity or margin in the account is there and can support your trade the trade can remain open for that part of time and it can be indefinite period as well and all depends on the equity in the account .

ashvi
2012-08-08, 10:54 PM
There is absolutely no time limit or any restriction upon the number of days a trade should be opened or not because there are number of traders who play for long time in the forex market like for months and years together but for this the main important aspect is to maintain sufficient capital to sustain the floating loss.

abbey ak
2012-08-09, 05:53 AM
well as for me i don't really like to keep my position open for a very long time and rather i think the best way to protect a position for being open for a long time is when we make use of a trialling stop that can really help protect our account because the little profit gain can never be taken back when you make use of a trialling stop

budado
2012-08-09, 07:58 AM
As long as you like. In swap account you can either be charge with interest or earn interest depends in the current interest rate of a pair that you are trading. I suggest that if you want to hold your position you must have a purpose first why you want to hold that position to make it worth your while. Because if a pair moves against your direction and not going to return to that actual price of your entry point then what the use of holding that position? You need to close it. But if you think its still can be save so hold it.

terajana
2012-08-09, 08:12 AM
to be done in a trading position, then we should be able to do the best analysis in order to get the right position in the market .. long time we need to keep the position will depend on the results we get in that position ..

tharaka17
2012-08-09, 09:10 AM
yep..really you can...But I am a Day Trader.I normally close my all trades after a day and I open new trades next day morning.I think this is very important for you.As well as you can earn good profits day by day.

venus
2012-08-09, 10:58 AM
yep..really you can...But I am a Day Trader.I normally close my all trades after a day and I open new trades next day morning.I think this is very important for you.As well as you can earn good profits day by day.

It's possible to hold position, no matter floating profit or floating minus, for more than a day but we must take a look the
benefits and risk when we hold position. If you're day trader, I am agree if it's better to open and close position in the same
day because there is another chance to gain profit. Don't hold position too long except you're swing trader.

whiteid
2012-08-09, 11:12 AM
to be done in a trading position, then we should be able to do the best analysis in order to get the right position in the market .. long time we need to keep the position will depend on the results we get in that position ..

if we've got our profit on the position open, then we can cover that position, and can take the profit that we get in trading. trader must be able to take appropriate decisions in trading, and can be based on good analysis in accordance with the trading system it uses.

truegoa
2012-08-09, 12:02 PM
The position could be open for weeks but you have to aware about the swap so if you're planing to work with D1 and W1 then you should think about opening a swap free account but i think that you pay a monthly fees. In my opinion i don't advice to let a position open than one day.

That's right! There is no limit how long we can have our position open. We just need to count about swap things when we did not open a swapfree account. And, actually with some good calculation, even, swap can give us advantage since swap can also give us additional reward for our open trade.

newentry
2012-08-09, 12:26 PM
I see no limitation to any time we let our trade open. provided we have a strong margin to hold the floating. but I think that it is not an effective trading strategy, in fact we've been able to close our trade if it is profit and open trade again to earn more profit....

you are right about this and also for what we have to hold the position too long and if the order has good floating positive or in profit ?
so i really agree with you , this is not effective to hold too long..

venus
2012-08-10, 09:52 AM
It's no need to wait too long for trading open position in forex trading if you're short-term or mid-term traders.
I don't quite like to hold position too long, so I hold at most 2 days for floating position and usually I will use SL and TP to
limit profit and loss in each transaction.

diljaladj
2012-08-13, 10:18 PM
Basically you can keep your positions open forever but really that is not recommended i always prefer quick/short trading as short trade = less pressure and stress.

ali1011
2012-08-13, 10:26 PM
I think so is me koi issue nhi hota hy k ap kab tak apni position open rakhty hen yeh to depend karta hy ap k apny plan p bohat sy trader hen jo long time trade karty hen or wo just month chart and week chart ko fallow karty hen is k liye jiyad capital hona cahiye ap apni position ko hold tab he kr sako gey

RidoyRx
2012-08-13, 10:31 PM

Yes. it's not a problem, but do not open antry teade. ex: 0.1 buy position i running & you think you open 0.1 sell order. If you do this then your account profit is lock.

jeba50
2012-08-13, 10:41 PM

I think its traders choice. but naturally perfect trader don't stay a position long time. because it creates high risk. also perfect trader trade by analysis and he must use stop loss key. so long time position is not all time possible.

Cowboy
2012-08-18, 10:46 AM
we can open our position according to our analyse of market.we also know that forex trade is risky and it may turn our profit to huge lose.So it wise to use stop loss and close our trade in a very good time.

BANGUN
2012-08-22, 08:52 AM
if you have an open position there is no fixed time limit for leaving your open trade running but, it matters what your system is designed on, for example if there is an exit signal from your system it is time to close the trade and not leave it running

if I see that in this trade is dependent of how the transaction open, if that transaction will be floating then maybe this would be a more time to be in the market because it can make you think hard to save development

digital
2012-08-22, 09:14 AM
You can keep a position open as long as you want. But it's not a good idea to terminate your capital for a long time. You should continue a trade for M15, M30, H1 or, H4.

katol
2012-08-22, 09:30 AM
You can let your trading positions until whenever as long as you have a strong margin. and it would be better if you use a swap-free accounts, because you will not be at the cost ering swap your position open for more than one day.

Eshita Malik
2012-08-22, 09:55 AM
Mere khayal se to bro positions ziada dair open nahi rkhni chahye or jaldi hi market se exit ho jana chahye,isi lye ma 15M,30M,1H or 4H time frame me trading krti hu so i think position ziada dair open nahi rehni chahye :)

mr kashif
2012-08-22, 10:11 AM
ap trade tab tak open rakh sakty hai jab tak broker apko nahi kahe & i think position close kar leni chahiye 1 year tak open karky kiya karna hai
hamen & i think trading karty rehna chahiye hamen thora thora time dekar!

will
2012-08-22, 11:57 AM
I think it's better to open position at most 2 days in my view or we could set SL and TP to prevent big losses in one
transaction and maximize our profit which we could take. If me, I prefer to open and close position everyday because
there is chance to gain profit everyday.

antnetwork
2012-08-22, 09:55 PM
I think we need to calculate some future position before keep some position for a long. Though most of the seniors keep their position for a long but staying from base range we need to do some short term trading. Because higher range can be the reason of unexpected loss. (If we unable to calculate perfectly)

gujarati
2012-08-23, 08:01 PM
you are right about this and also for what we have to hold the position too long and if the order has good floating positive or in profit ?
so i really agree with you , this is not effective to hold too long..

ishvara
2012-08-24, 04:53 AM
We can keep a forex trading position open for a very long time like even years. This is because forex trading business has no limits about the number of days, weeks and months that a forex trader can keep his trade open.

hendarto
2012-08-24, 06:37 AM
to determine the long open position usually depends on the target of each trader, in a transaction we have to wait. if the target is large, then we will need more time. and perhaps for scalper technique did not take long for the transaction.

pinki je
2012-08-24, 06:50 AM
je mainn ap sab ki baaton se agree karti hun positions to jitni der marzi open rakh lain us se koi nuqsaan nahi hia par hum stop loss isi liy heuse karty hian trades band ho jain aor new trades lagani chaye

lishader
2012-08-25, 02:57 PM
we can open position for a long time because I think that the broker is not allowed to close your position when you are still conditions but if your account does not have enough money to continue to hold the position, the broker will automatically close your position

esif
2012-08-31, 10:25 AM
there is no limitation that you need to close any position, or broker will not say you to open or close your floating position, you can open many of the position, if your capital is big enough that there is no chance of margin call..

emprit
2012-08-31, 10:38 AM
why should you wait for an open position for too long I think it is less effective for forex business as long as there is a close position means we never get advantage in addition we must also provide an abundance of it holding for it. in the forex business there is no limit to perform open position as long as possible if we have a strong capital but we are working here and search the profits quickly.

shozeb
2012-08-31, 04:18 PM
there is no limitation that you need to close any position, or broker will not say you to open or close your floating position, you can open many of the position, if your capital is big enough that there is no chance of margin call..
haan sahi kaha dude yahi toh forex trading ki sabse acchi baat hai ki aapki jab tak marzi ho aap trade open rakh sakte hai agar aapke account me balance bacha hua hai toh..

fxmoney
2012-08-31, 04:21 PM
you can keep the trade open for as much as time you can but for that you must have to trade with the trend and if you do not trade with the trend then you get huge negative float from your trade. Long term trading with the trend is very much useful.

abbey ak
2012-08-31, 05:14 PM
well it really depence on the level of your equity and provided you have make the right analysis and place the order in a very right direction these i think we can leave our position for a very long time but without proper money management i can not advise any trader to leave a position left open thats what i really think

hanna
2012-08-31, 09:54 PM
It is depend on the strategy and trader.When you can using scalping strategy then you use short time open the trade and when you use the long short the you use long time trade.But some time when you open long strategy but you earn you pips short time then you can not open a trade.that it.

assi
2012-09-13, 02:04 PM
when we open the position in forex then we should have the long trading plan so that we should not be in trouble if we will not be able to manage more good plans and then we should try to predict eh accurate the price for well tradings

mcceducation
2012-09-13, 03:04 PM
its depend on you my dear friend, who are even super long term traders, they can leave a position open one year. its his matter, its mean we can open our position how much time we need to its open but with need the capital is very good if market move out of my favor.

mondemonde
2012-09-17, 02:49 AM
hi everybody,
there is not a time to close a precise order, but you can specify TP (take profit) or ST (stop lose).
as you can close a order at any time but if you were losing it will close with a loss, and if you are winning it will close with a profit.
good luck to everyone.

waqasma
2012-09-17, 02:58 AM
Actually it depends on your account margin, if you have more margin you can keep a position open for long time. as far as i trade in Forex market i never close my entry until it hits tp or sl because everything is calculated according to my money management which is very important in trading.

gandhi
2012-09-17, 07:17 AM
yeah right, I think it depends on each trader and market conditions at the time when you are a long term trading system, then you can hold the position for several months, and in accordance with the market conditions as well;)

bhagawanta
2012-09-17, 07:46 AM
i think its depend of our trading caharacters and strategy,we are the long term traders or the short term traders..and its deppend on our decicion and strategy that we made,how long is the best to makes a profit..so we have to calculate all of the factors including the risk!!thats my opinions,thx.

BANGUN
2012-09-17, 08:16 AM
i think its depend of our trading caharacters and strategy,we are the long term traders or the short term traders..and its deppend on our decicion and strategy that we made,how long is the best to makes a profit..so we have to calculate all of the factors including the risk!!thats my opinions,thx.

each trader has a different style in their trade if you are a scapling then you will open trading positions 10 to 15 minutes, but if you are a day trader may be more than 1 hour or even 2 hours

parlin
2012-09-17, 09:34 AM
we can hold our trading position until whenever we want or as long as the rules of the broker in question. of course if we do that we must consider when we lose our position should be set aside so that they could withstand losses. but it's better if you're lucky we close trading positions

eddy
2012-09-17, 09:50 AM
What do you inform in this forum about the open position while I can not provide a safe period of time until a few years because of my own until now had never experienced as you have so I can not explain it and I thank you for the information

goodbye_love
2012-09-17, 09:59 AM
yes no limitation to any time we let our trade open
but swap Hikll of profits
I see Scalping leads excellent results

Ladenboys
2012-09-17, 10:13 AM
Why not?But in long term trade its really important to make a huge analysis before open any trade.Especially if you want to keep your trade open for a year then its really really important to make a deep analysis that what could happen to your targeting economy in a year.Use all of your strong instrument.Read more and more article.Then place your order.
And never forget to invest a huge one and never forget to set your SL wider.

hend
2012-09-17, 01:59 PM
yes it is true, is scalping it will be able to get very good results for that really have the ability and good emotional control. but for starters, according to scalping it would be very risky. moreover scalping always use a fairly large lot, so I do not think beginners are advised to use scalping strategy except in the learning process.

nimara
2012-09-17, 05:26 PM
i think that there is not time limitation for the remain open trade. but i think also this is not so active trading style , in fact we have been able to stop our trading if it is realize and unobstructed transaction again to acquire many realize

Mars
2012-09-25, 07:55 PM
we can keep our position open for a long time but we should not receive enough profit from our investment, it is just like you deposit your money into a bank account to get their interest as your profit which will not enough for a person who have no gib capital to deposit. so my conclusion is you can invest your extra money to buy Gold without taking much leverage, to get a better profit than we shall receive from our bank.

alimartono
2012-09-25, 08:08 PM
I think if a trade is done completely and not think something is easy, to get an open position does not require a long time.

contil
2012-09-25, 10:34 PM
you hold a position open for anything and there is no time limit .. which are required in order that our position will not be closed automatically is contained in the equity trading account you are able to hold the floating negative that may occur in your trading account ... Do not forget also swap .. when you activate the swap will be subject to regular andajuga swap itself.
By the way why do you ask that??? As if there is an advantage if the hold position for years without clossposisi open????

malik
2012-09-25, 11:14 PM
there is no restriction of timing to keep your positions open, you can keep your positions open for unlimited time period. If you want to keep your positions for a longer time you should choose the swap free accounts so that swap charges can be avoided.

mare
2012-09-25, 11:35 PM
Can keep the deal open any duration you want as capital that you have. That is closed or when the account has been margin Cal then the deal will be closed automatically.There are some traders who trade in the long term their deal remain open for several months.

malkoumx
2012-11-07, 07:32 AM
The deal remain open for a maximum of two months and you then Bglgaha, but the deal if more than twenty-four hours will be charged a commission take brokerage company, and every company takes a commission of certain but a few, but there are some companies do not take these commissions.
good luck my friend.

hend
2012-11-07, 08:52 AM
in trading forex, I do not have a good psychology, so often I can not take a decision accordingly. especially when I have a position open for too long. it makes me more and can not think properly. therefore I do not have my position openly membiatkan too long, I always use SL and TP limitation that is not too much, so my position is not open too long.

kharisma
2012-11-07, 09:18 AM
i think this is depend the strategy on we use in our trading if we use long term trading
we can hold that more than one week but if we just daily trade we can close in that day too.

nabila
2012-11-07, 10:27 AM
I see no rule to any experience we let our dealing lawless. provided we score a fresh slip to drink the floating. but I anticipate that it is not an impressive trading strategy, in fact we've been healthy to enveloping our occupation if it is gain and turn dealings again to garner writer acquire....

seri
2012-11-07, 12:31 PM
i think this is depend the strategy on we use in our trading if we use long term trading
we can hold that more than one week but if we just daily trade we can close in that day too.

Correct, it's depending on strategy which is used for trading. For swing trading, it is possible to hold position for more than 2 days and it's possible to hold position for a month too but for daily traders, open position shouldn't be more than a day. It's depending on style of trading for each trader too, if you like to scalp so you shouldn't open position too long because scalping should open and close position soon no matter profit or loss.

asmakhatun
2012-11-07, 01:08 PM
I guess, no job. I also solace individual one position on the euro / used since November stylish assemblage. I relieve contain. because I believe, one day present sure boost again. disagreement, the record I someone is interchange people. most importantly, we are comfort a enlarged earnings.

Java Trader
2012-11-07, 01:32 PM
wow 1 year leave open trade. because I'm still new in forex, so do not know until when can allow open trade. my friend never let the open position for 3 months. hopefully no friend of a friend who can give a better view.

Jack_lee
2012-11-07, 02:35 PM
There isn't any restriction for a trade being open . Since swap fee is charged so it doesn't matter for the broker . If the account is swap free then it will not hurt the trader as well,There isn't any restriction for a trade being open . Since swap fee is charged so it doesn't matter for the broker . If the account is swap free then it will not hurt the trader as well

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

There isn't any restriction for a trade being open . Since swap fee is charged so it doesn't matter for the broker . If the account is swap free then it will not hurt the trader as well,but few instruments like gold and silver are proven to give handsome returns in long term and those do not know trading can take advantage of this appreciation by investing with no or very little leverage like 1:4 which would be safe from volatility.

venus
2012-11-12, 11:10 PM
If me, I won't leave open position for more than 2 days because it's too risky to hold position too long. If it is possible, I prefer to cut loss or cut profit than I should hold position too long except if there are few consideration to hold position for about 2 days. But it's not rule for all traders because each trader has different point of view to determine how long we should hold open position.

Pipsinfx
2012-11-12, 11:41 PM
In my oppinion, oppening a position depends on your trading strategy, my bro. I think if you follow long term trading, it can take you up to several days for trading with a order. But you like scalping, ussually it only takes you several minutes for each entry.

marciano
2012-11-12, 11:43 PM
more longer you keep your position open,you will have a swap fee,for me i put a target for every trade example one entry target around 20 or 30 pip ,its depend till you get your own target during your trade.

venus
2012-11-14, 11:32 AM
more longer you keep your position open,you will have a swap fee,for me i put a target for every trade example one entry target around 20 or 30 pip ,its depend till you get your own target during your trade.

That's right if we used swap account so you will get swap fee if you keep open position longer but if we used swap free account, so there is no need to worry about that. If you can use swap account well so it's possible to get positive swap too. But it's not good idea to keep open position for long time especially if the condition was floating loss.

bablu156
2012-11-14, 01:01 PM
bhai yeh to aap per depend kerta k appa homand hememt ichont
ghob dont huont foem heant achont he chont khenr
ichgen be wrbt from ho ghons weent vfrom chen tome ther

bablu156
2012-11-14, 02:56 PM
the open is verye dinghers so the forex is undesten is
bhai tyeh to aap depend kert a hey k aap kitni dey open rerh sektay.

lionfx
2012-11-14, 03:02 PM
provided that you have available edge your place can be start even if the couple shifted for a large number of pips if you are not using tp and sl your place can't be shut without your authorization except by the edge call or when the Foreign exchange industry is over and there is no more agents

munna khan
2012-11-14, 03:11 PM
if it shows good profit, but few instruments like gold and silver are proven to give handsome returns in long term and those do not know trading can take advantage of this appreciation.

ardi_anduk
2012-11-14, 03:22 PM
intention to open a position how long? Depending ITU Dari tradernya Alone, Acute an intraday trader may be only 24 hours Only, unlike New Articles The Swinger many month could open orders

rajakhulna27
2012-11-14, 03:36 PM
I think so there is no limitation any time . We let our trade open , provided and we have a strong margin to hold the floating . I mean that is not an effective trading strategy , in fact we have been able to close our trade if profit and open trade again to earn more profit.

dennyandre
2012-11-14, 03:40 PM
Forex trading market is open 24 hours a day and 5 days a week. It is a very long period of time. Arguably the market which is open on without any rest or sleep. For traders, this would be great fun. Because they are likely to double the advantage at any time. op when you can start the morning or in the evening adjust your strategy.................for this time you can use scalping strategy guys.. but please be carefull.

afiv
2012-11-14, 03:45 PM
how to use a bonus that we get through the post so that we can use the actual trades???? thanks all