+ Reply to Thread
Page 459 of 462 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 4611

Thread: Why do traders recommend risking only 2% per trade?

Member pravi is on a distinguished road pravi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by simrin View Post
    On every website, forum and all the friends of mine on face book that are trading from quite some time always say that one must trade with risking only 2% of his capital. Why is it so? Why not 5% or 10%, there are traders that trade risking more than 2% of their account size but my question is why this number is so famous and advisable?
    If you are a trader you will know the answer for sure. Sometime market changes by a great margin rapidly. Such a situation can give you a margin all of a sudden from no where. And also there is a chance that the market will bounce back all of a sudden. So if we trade with 2% we are risking only a small portion of the deposit and we will be able to make good profit by trading in the reverse order.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Senior Member bestlooser will become famous soon enough bestlooser will become famous soon enough bestlooser's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I am ready to risk even more than 2% because for me forex is still safe enough for me and I can even take more risk but not total risk just need to control and make some calculations that how much risk can be taken out there. I just take risk that I can afford and I am confident of getting away with that risk.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Banned nurhidayah is on a distinguished road nurhidayah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lights View Post
    even with the risk of 2% I still use a stop loss. because of my traumatic experience several times a margin call. because without a stop loss, even if only using 2%, we can still have a margin call
    margin call is actually very painful, so that we also have to be careful in carrying out some strategies that we can indeed have to adjust to some of the transactions that can make our trading to be safe and comfortable, this is what we should actually pay attention to the carefully and we adjust the pair that is quite safe and away from the margin call

Senior Member lights will become famous soon enough lights's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by mastri296 View Post
    I agree with your opinion, because by using a volume of 2%, the margin we will be able to withstand huge losses, so without the use of stop loss account we would be very safe.
    even with the risk of 2% I still use a stop loss. because of my traumatic experience several times a margin call. because without a stop loss, even if only using 2%, we can still have a margin call

Member bdboy is on a distinguished road bdboy's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Its depends on your money management. But many broker say its safe to loss 2% of your deposit amount. It is less risky. If u take more risk u can more gain also. but 2% is recommended by many successful brokers.

Member younesjoe will become famous soon enough younesjoe's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by simrin View Post
    On every website, forum and all the friends of mine on face book that are trading from quite some time always say that one must trade with risking only 2% of his capital. Why is it so? Why not 5% or 10%, there are traders that trade risking more than 2% of their account size but my question is why this number is so famous and advisable?
    yes you keep risk in 2% OR 5% why because your money is 100% and every position you risk with 2% so to risk your 100% money you should make 50 positions 50*2% egal 100% . in this 50 positions , if you are a good trader you think that you can loss 25 positions , for me i can loss in 15 positions and gain in 35 postion you have a profit

Banned mastri296 is an unknown quantity at this point mastri296's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lights View Post
    well, since 2% is safe for our trading. because by using 2% as a risk, we only lose a maximum of 2% of our capital if we are wrong position and experience loss. if we use more than 2%, then the risk is also more than 2%
    I agree with your opinion, because by using a volume of 2%, the margin we will be able to withstand huge losses, so without the use of stop loss account we would be very safe.

Member Ronak will become famous soon enough Ronak will become famous soon enough Ronak's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    only 2% risk of equity is safe trading....but i usually trade on the basis of my analysis and my condfidence..and also i take more risk with low equity because of my greeed
    "We dont get paid for activity, just for being right. As to how long we will wait, well wait indefinitely."- The Legend Warren Buffett."

Banned tarun2305 will become famous soon enough tarun2305's Avatar
    Thanks
    kyuki agar aap naye hain aur aapke pas jyada capital anahi hai to jyada risk lene se aapki margin call bahut jaldi aa jayegi,,,isliye risk pers\centage jir\tna kam hoga utna acha hoga aapke liye

Member kaji will become famous soon enough kaji will become famous soon enough kaji's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    When using little part of your capital you are left with major portion of capital and even if you used risked money you need not worry much as you can easy cover up that amount in your future trades but using bigger portion on a trade may be risky as then you can lose your capital making it difficult to trade in future.
    indeed we have the ability to trade in accordance with our capital so that we do not really feel depressed in the trade. because if we trade our capital exceeds the capabilities we will not be able to feel calm and comfortable ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 459 of 462 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (15)