+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 274 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2737

Thread: 200 pip stop loss - 10 pip profit?

Member mandeeprana is on a distinguished road mandeeprana's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    mujhe lagta hai ki 200 pips ka stop loss lagana useles hai aur 10 pips ka take profit lagana bhi useless hai
    trader ko hamesha support aur resistence ke hisab se hi top loss aur take profit ki values ko set karna chahaiye .. support aur resistance ki study har trader ko aani chahaiye

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member AhmedHA is on a distinguished road AhmedHA's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    Do you think it would be wise to trade with the strategy that has 10 pips target and stop loss be set at 200 pips. I think this strategy one can take advantage of forex up and down and may make profit many times before there triggering stop loss as probability of stop loss triggering is 1/20th of hitting target.
    I'm interested in setting small target pips and large SL pips like you , I always use this strategy and it works but frankly speaking not 50 pips SL , I place 30 pips as stop loss ..the bad thing is to touch the sl at first (

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member balakalimuthu is an unknown quantity at this point balakalimuthu's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by dmambi View Post
    It is very crazy idea to do trading like this. Because with such setting we need to win 20 times continually to make up the loss suffered in one single trade which looks very odd for me. I feel it is better to trade without stop loss in such case and play with small lot.
    Yes. Much crazy then practical. But I do see it as much safer way if we have more chances for target then the chances for reversal of our open position. I do see equal number of pips for both stop-loss and target would be a better plan for trading as we get equal number of chances for both winning and not winning...

Senior Member dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi is a jewel in the rough dmambi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    It is very crazy idea to do trading like this. Because with such setting we need to win 20 times continually to make up the loss suffered in one single trade which looks very odd for me. I feel it is better to trade without stop loss in such case and play with small lot.
    HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB EAK DINA
    WE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL ONE DAY
    NAAVU GEDDE GELTIVI ONDU DINA

Banned aryan will become famous soon enough aryan's Avatar
    Thanks
    mere khyal se ye es trah ki trading hai to badiya or khas tor par scalping trading k liye.
    agar ham hr trading main stop loss 200pips or tp 10pips rakhege to chance almost all trade will hit tp.
    but in any case koi b trade stop loss ko hit kr jaati hai to loss bahut jyda hoga or ek trade k loss ko cover krne main kafi time lag jaayega.

Member dragon is an unknown quantity at this point dragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by raka999 View Post
    it is not balanced between the stop loss to take profit. if you moved your stop loss position (200 pips), would require 20 times the open trade, to restore the loss. I think, to the best ratio between tp and sl is 1:1.
    Yes, that was right if the ratio of profit and loss is not balance. It was very bad idea to set 200 pips of stop loss and 10 pips
    only as target profit. If you want to set far away of stop loss so it's better to set Target Profit which is high pips too. And if
    you want to set target profit which is not too much, then you shouldn't set Stop Loss too much.

Banned narendra will become famous soon enough narendra's Avatar
    Thanks
    aap ne ek dam sahi kaha hai.
    10pips take profit ke liye 200pips take profit ni rakh sakte hai.
    hamara analysis esaa hona chahiye jiseme stop loss kam or take profit jyda ho.....jese 10pips stop loss or 200pips take profit.

Banned raka999 will become famous soon enough raka999 will become famous soon enough raka999's Avatar
    Thanks
    it is not balanced between the stop loss to take profit. if you moved your stop loss position (200 pips), would require 20 times the open trade, to restore the loss. I think, to the best ratio between tp and sl is 1:1.

Banned s.akhtar is on a distinguished road s.akhtar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vineet View Post
    not bad.. i think that we should take care for the lot size when trade with this strategy , well the percentage of the 10pt is low than the 200pt so we can make a lot of deal win but we should always calculate for the stop loss
    vineet you are right, this too short to take profits like use stop loss 200 pips, if anyone can set 200 pips stop loss i must to tell him/her please set take profits might be 100 pips+ .i don,t know why we always mentally agree to keep loss about this business and me to also because we always use stop loss bigger then take profits .

Senior Member vineet will become famous soon enough vineet's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    not bad.. i think that we should take care for the lot size when trade with this strategy , well the percentage of the 10pt is low than the 200pt so we can make a lot of deal win but we should always calculate for the stop loss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 274 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (6)