+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 652 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you calculate stop loss and take profit targets?

Junior Member 7alt7op will become famous soon enough 7alt7op's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Stop loss mode and take profit does not need calculating and does not require complex equations, Every strategy has a method and an art to use and for me I think that stop loss mode and also determine where to take profit depends on the strategy we use, this is my way of trading, I think and then put the plan and then start trading

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7alt7op For This Useful Post:

lal765 (2018-05-30), nadia (2018-06-17), Unregistered (1)

Banned dulax delex will become famous soon enough dulax delex's Avatar
    Thanks
    but i still believe that its always better to have some sort of calculation than some random numbers. I'm not saying that setting targets remains wrong, many traders do it that way, too. but having a more accurate target is profitable. Previously when I used fixed target, I had my position closed at loss many times because the target stop loss was touched first before passing my take profit target. You are right that this is a very good way to make your target because 70% of traders think that way so the price will also move accordingly but you should keep an eye on the news as well and try to take advantage of fundamental analysis as well.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member hasna will become famous soon enough hasna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I usually calculate my profit and Stop losses depending on the trade and entry point in the trade. Also if I aim to get 30 pips profit then I set Stop Loss at 10 pips. Also different trades have different targets and when I do scalping only a few pips as profit and Stop Loss is also appropriate. well I think we can not determine the value of sl and tp because it depends on the market movement so it is not possible to use certain sl and tp strategies all the time, here's what I think, correct me if I'm wrong

Member sisca has a spectacular aura about sisca has a spectacular aura about sisca's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    You can start with something simple, set Take Profit as the same number of pips as Stop Loss. If your Stop Loss is 50 pips, set your Take Profit to 50 pips as well. You can also set some Take Profit to trade your trend as a multiple of the number of pips for your Stop Loss. If your Stop Loss is 60 pips, set your first Take Profit of 60 pips, Take Profit second to 120 pips, and Take Profit 180 pips. I tied the target and stopped losses depending on the market and my time on the deal and it was a Scalping deal. The old deal to some extent at Scalping Mark is a stop loss of 10 points and the target is also 10 points and sometimes Akther, if confirmed, of course the price in the direction of the transaction as if the long target deal 50 points and 50 points stop loss also

Member almont has a spectacular aura about almont has a spectacular aura about almont's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Precisely we deal with the ever-changing market so our targets must be dynamic and in accordance with market conditions well. our targets should be flexible enough to accumulate more profits and minimize losses. only then will we survive and earn in this business somehow we can not manage the installation of TP and SL by default because the market is changing and always have different conditions as well and I think this is a consideration for the placement of SL and TP dynamically

Member nurohman has a spectacular aura about nurohman has a spectacular aura about nurohman has a spectacular aura about nurohman's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    In my trading strategy I trade in London sessions and as a daily trader, I set a 50pips daily profit and set a stop loss for certain trades where my stop loss is 2%. Basically I set my take profit and stop losses on market volatility and market sentiment. I usually use different ways to place stop loss or take profit limits, sometimes I use candlesticks, some times I use Fibonacci, but the best way is to use them all together to get the best results

Member Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771 has a reputation beyond repute Rajpoot771's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,395 Times in 635 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    well dear g mey is business mey expert bhi ho so meu stop loss and take profit keh liye support and resistance use no karta kyun keh mujhy tools user karne bhi atey likan mere pass ak method hai jis se meri so loss and take profit use krta ho like jo candle running Kerr rahi hoti hai ose previous closed candle ki high and low value dekh kar stop loss and take profit lgata ho jnb g

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rajpoot771 For This Useful Post:

akr (2018-04-30), arshadlaskani (2018-04-26), naveedbnn (2018-05-20), Raja551 (2018-04-22), ravi999 (2018-04-25), rehanayaz2 (2018-04-19), sakigbest (2018-04-24), Unregistered (1), zahid2016 (2018-04-20)

Member Mr Law is just really nice Mr Law is just really nice Mr Law is just really nice Mr Law is just really nice Mr Law is just really nice Mr Law's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    The calculation of stop loss and take profit targets depends upon the type of strategy you're working on. The strategy of each trader differs from other traders and sometimes might be totally different in some cases. So, Your stop loss and take profit calculations also change with time. Your strategy is always dependent upon you that how to take the World and how you tackle it. You have to take decisions on its own and be very careful.

Member lumeho has a spectacular aura about lumeho has a spectacular aura about lumeho has a spectacular aura about lumeho's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    it depends on your strategy. If you are scalping then you should choose the nearest high or low for your stoploose. Or you can also use a pivot point that will show the center line and support and hold for that day. This will help you put your stoploose and take profit settings. So there are many ways that can be useful. Do not place your SL and TP randomly and permanently. You will not help.

Member barokah will become famous soon enough barokah will become famous soon enough barokah's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Depending on the circumstances that occur, I expect a good provision
    to argue how the abundance of pips to inhibit the experience pips
    and also how some pyar should we use to obtain, moldiness see market conditions at that time,
    if the market is trend we can marginalize sl & tp for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 652 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (16)