+ Reply to Thread
Page 813 of 823 FirstFirst ... 313 713 763 803 811 812 813 814 815 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 8225

Thread: How many pips do you think is safe for SL ?

Senior Member anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,095 Times in 577 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by jai View Post
    It totally varies depending on your strategy.

20 pips sl can be too big and at same time, 500 pips sl can be low. It depends on which timeframe you are using and your risk:reward.

For my intra day trades I target 70-100 pips and use sl 50 pips in most cases.
    hhmm..nice infor friend
    i think sl ko haemsha support ya resistance dekh ke lagana chhaiye..sl inhi pe depend karta hai..
    sl bahut hi zaruri forex tool hai jiski kabhi bhi ignore nahi karnmana chajauye chahe jis marzi ka account ho

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member Jazpa has a spectacular aura about Jazpa has a spectacular aura about Jazpa has a spectacular aura about Jazpa's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anytime View Post
    Many newbies ask me how many pips is safe for stop loss? I think its all depend on how much you afford to lose and we have to put stop loss by checking resistance and support levels, we should not put stop loss just by numbers.

Share your views...
    Stop Loss is a very good way of preventing our account getting huge loss during the trade. We all know that forex is very risky. If we don't take necessary measures, we will sure lose all our money.
    So setting stop loss just helps us to solve that problem. But to be able to set perfect SL, we need perfect forex education and that depends upon the amount of money that we are going to invest.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Banned nsawork is on a distinguished road nsawork's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    Setting stop loss and take profit depends on market situation..
    sometimes you can set stop loss to 50 pips only and sometime you can make it 200 pips..Its all about your study and market condition..
    Ideally we have to set the stop loss at 30 pips and anything more than that is not advisable at all. This is because if we are going into a loss of 30 pips then it clearly means that the trade is totally wrong and we need to revise our study and again make the trade with the correct market sentiments

In the event of the Hedging we can go for a stop loss = 50 pips since we are not sure which way the market will go and that is the range which actually decides the movements.

Senior Member anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh has a reputation beyond repute anubhavsingh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,095 Times in 577 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by sagar View Post
    I always use the Stop losse every order with a limit of 100 pips

I always set my SL at the nearest support and resistance. Don't forget to add also the spread during setting the SL. Let's see the example. Current price for EUR/USD at 1.4221. Near support 1.4288, near resistance 1.4144. So for my buy post, the SL must be 1.4144 - spread - 1 pip. So SL = 1.4140. It's more safe. So my TP will be at near resistance or 50% using fibonacci.
    ye strategy bahut achi hao
    sabko apna sl aur tp support aur resistance value ko dekh ke ste karna chhaiye
    aisa karne se aapke loss ke chancesb bahut kam ho jayenge

Banned diesel1984 is an unknown quantity at this point diesel1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anytime View Post
    Many newbies ask me how many pips is safe for stop loss? I think its all depend on how much you afford to lose and we have to put stop loss by checking resistance and support levels, we should not put stop loss just by numbers.

Share your views...
    Bollinger Bands: put SL at 10 points above the upper band for short positions and 10 points below the lower band for a long position...
    You can use the parabolic SAR entry points at the beginning of a trend to determine SL. There is also a suggestion to put SL 10 points above / below the price candles for the position of short / long...

Banned tegardp is on a distinguished road tegardp's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think it's about 80-100pips in 5 digit currency. it's not too big and not too small

Member Ganesh will become famous soon enough Ganesh's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    i will say 50 pips fpr sl and also 50 pip's for tp also, sl is very important to stop losses when we are profiting, but the pip's may vary according to differnt traders who have a different way to approach it
    Rock On

Member siddesh is just really nice siddesh is just really nice siddesh is just really nice siddesh is just really nice siddesh is just really nice siddesh's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I prefer a SL of 30 to 50 pips when I want to trade for one day or less. In case of long trades like 1 week or more, the SL is set at 100 pips. Anyways we all have different frame of mind regarding SL

Member sagar is just really nice sagar is just really nice sagar is just really nice sagar is just really nice sagar is just really nice sagar's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I always use the Stop losse every order with a limit of 100 pips

I always set my SL at the nearest support and resistance. Don't forget to add also the spread during setting the SL. Let's see the example. Current price for EUR/USD at 1.4221. Near support 1.4288, near resistance 1.4144. So for my buy post, the SL must be 1.4144 - spread - 1 pip. So SL = 1.4140. It's more safe. So my TP will be at near resistance or 50% using fibonacci.

Member soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen has much to be proud of soumen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 306 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronak View Post
    SL is core of money management..so Stop loss should be in proper management..and 50 to 100 pips is best for stop loss..and so SL should hav priority abt order..
    bilkul sahi baat. tp ek news ke effect se le ja sakta he ya ek support resistence tak le ja sakta he. aur sl to support resistence and ek andaja. waise chota trade karne walo ko 30 se 50 sl and tp thik he.
    I LOVE INDIAN FOREX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 813 of 823 FirstFirst ... 313 713 763 803 811 812 813 814 815 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (18)