+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 200 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1994

Thread: How long we can have a position open?

Senior Member Cowboy is on a distinguished road Cowboy's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    we can open our position according to our analyse of market.we also know that forex trade is risky and it may turn our profit to huge lose.So it wise to use stop loss and close our trade in a very good time.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Senior Member jeba50 is an unknown quantity at this point jeba50's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    How long we can have a position open?
    I have already kept a position open for around a month and never faced any issue except my trade was charged some swap fee. But is there any time limit we can keep our trade, say can i keep my trade open for few years?
    I think its traders choice. but naturally perfect trader don't stay a position long time. because it creates high risk. also perfect trader trade by analysis and he must use stop loss key. so long time position is not all time possible.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member RidoyRx is an unknown quantity at this point RidoyRx's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by raka999 View Post
    I think, no problem. I also still have one position on the euro / usd since november last year. I still hold. because I believe, one day will surely rise again. difference, the account I have is swap free. most importantly, we are still a large margin.
    Yes. it's not a problem, but do not open antry teade. ex: 0.1 buy position i running & you think you open 0.1 sell order. If you do this then your account profit is lock.

Senior Member ali1011 will become famous soon enough ali1011's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think so is me koi issue nhi hota hy k ap kab tak apni position open rakhty hen yeh to depend karta hy ap k apny plan p bohat sy trader hen jo long time trade karty hen or wo just month chart and week chart ko fallow karty hen is k liye jiyad capital hona cahiye ap apni position ko hold tab he kr sako gey

Senior Member diljaladj is on a distinguished road diljaladj's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Basically you can keep your positions open forever but really that is not recommended i always prefer quick/short trading as short trade = less pressure and stress.

Member venus is on a distinguished road venus's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    It's no need to wait too long for trading open position in forex trading if you're short-term or mid-term traders.
    I don't quite like to hold position too long, so I hold at most 2 days for floating position and usually I will use SL and TP to
    limit profit and loss in each transaction.

Senior Member newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry is a splendid one to behold newentry's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by kaji View Post
    I see no limitation to any time we let our trade open. provided we have a strong margin to hold the floating. but I think that it is not an effective trading strategy, in fact we've been able to close our trade if it is profit and open trade again to earn more profit....
    you are right about this and also for what we have to hold the position too long and if the order has good floating positive or in profit ?
    so i really agree with you , this is not effective to hold too long..
    do the best we can

Member truegoa will become famous soon enough truegoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCoo View Post
    The position could be open for weeks but you have to aware about the swap so if you're planing to work with D1 and W1 then you should think about opening a swap free account but i think that you pay a monthly fees. In my opinion i don't advice to let a position open than one day.
    That's right! There is no limit how long we can have our position open. We just need to count about swap things when we did not open a swapfree account. And, actually with some good calculation, even, swap can give us advantage since swap can also give us additional reward for our open trade.
    ~Your stop loss is my profit taking...!~
    ~Do this business as your game or just hobby, but manage it like this is your only one earning source...!~

Maim Indian-forex.com pyara karata hum!!!!

Senior Member whiteid is on a distinguished road whiteid's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by terajana View Post
    to be done in a trading position, then we should be able to do the best analysis in order to get the right position in the market .. long time we need to keep the position will depend on the results we get in that position ..
    if we've got our profit on the position open, then we can cover that position, and can take the profit that we get in trading. trader must be able to take appropriate decisions in trading, and can be based on good analysis in accordance with the trading system it uses.

Member venus is on a distinguished road venus's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by tharaka17 View Post
    yep..really you can...But I am a Day Trader.I normally close my all trades after a day and I open new trades next day morning.I think this is very important for you.As well as you can earn good profits day by day.
    It's possible to hold position, no matter floating profit or floating minus, for more than a day but we must take a look the
    benefits and risk when we hold position. If you're day trader, I am agree if it's better to open and close position in the same
    day because there is another chance to gain profit. Don't hold position too long except you're swing trader.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 200 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (6)