+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 200 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1994

Thread: How long we can have a position open?

Member amit khanna is an unknown quantity at this point amit khanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    we can keep our trade open for the period we want to carry,there can be swap fee and margin call for carrying our trade.but this does not seems to be good trading strategy,one should close a trade when there is profit,

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Moderator dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking has a reputation beyond repute dareking's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,952 Times in 3,469 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
    I have already kept a position open for around a month and never faced any issue except my trade was charged some swap fee. But is there any time limit we can keep our trade, say can i keep my trade open for few years?
    Bhai long term aapne apni trade open kari hai to mere khayal se achchi baat hai, aapne 1 month tak apna order band nahi kiya, to aisi trading bhi hum kar sakte hai, forex mein order jitni der chahe utni der open rakh sakte hai, chahe aap 1 saal order band na kare, lekin aise order ke liye monthly chart ka use karna hoga.
    Sabka Malik Ek

Spammers Hate Me

Member kashif9760 is on a distinguished road kashif9760's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    dear friend i like to say about this topic that I think, no problem. I also still have one position on the euro / usd since november last year. I still hold. because I believe, one day will surely rise again.but you should have the swap free account to avoid the over night interest. and its good to trade i think so.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member joko is on a distinguished road joko's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by dintera View Post
    I think we can have position open as long as we opened swap free account. i still prefer to trade on long term basis which I think more profitable. A long term trading allows me capture large market moves which normally happens in the direction of large trends in the market. Under this circumstances, we need to hold our positions for long amounts of time. Using the trend, most long term traders are attempting to risk far less than the total movement they are targeting.
    If you're long-term traders so it's not big deal to keep open position for more than a day because the position which is opening, usually it was floating profit position. But for me who is day trader, it's not good idea to open position for longer than a day. I prefer to close position everyday and mostly I only open position about 2-3 days if I should keep open position.

Senior Member assi will become famous soon enough assi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    the mostly the forex market will show you the false movements and the market may not be able to give you the good indication about the good tradings and you may lose the money in the market if you will not place the good orders so you need to close the position after short period of money.

Member rzza is an unknown quantity at this point rzza's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I have already kept a position open for around a month and never faced any issue except my trade was charged some swap fee. But is there any time limit we can keep our trade, say can i keep my trade open for few years?
    Hi,
    Yes you can keep a position open for one year (let assume 1 year)
    But i do prefer, when you reach your target, better close it.
    Yes! You are right, broker won't harm your account, but be smart tho. We trade and want to close as soon as we get profit, not the other way round. Think about it! Good luck!

Member tradergalau will become famous soon enough tradergalau's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    most of the time the time frame may determine how long we can open a position, if it is 5 minutes time frame, you better sit down to watch your trade or if it is 15 time frame sit down within 2 hours and make your money and close the position. but if it is hours it can take a very long time.

Banned jonyr is an unknown quantity at this point jonyr's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you have ever tried to reach a particular section over the phone then you know how frustrating it could be. The system will ask you to go via the tedious process of phone menu and yet waiting for long to reach the operator. This highly irritating process usually leads the customer to abandon the phone without getting proper info. This holds equally true for website owner owning online business and open source websites

Member ebonizim is an unknown quantity at this point ebonizim's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by raka999 View Post
    I think, no problem. I also still have one position on the euro / usd since november last year. I still hold. because I believe, one day will surely rise again. difference, the account I have is swap free. most importantly, we are still a large margin.
    The forex e-books are great medium for the beginners to quickly understand about the forex trading business.

Senior Member dintera is on a distinguished road dintera's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think we can have position open as long as we opened swap free account. i still prefer to trade on long term basis which I think more profitable. A long term trading allows me capture large market moves which normally happens in the direction of large trends in the market. Under this circumstances, we need to hold our positions for long amounts of time. Using the trend, most long term traders are attempting to risk far less than the total movement they are targeting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 200 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (6)