+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 365 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3644

Thread: Do you lock your profit in your trades?

Member nilesh is on a distinguished road nilesh's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Yes dear trailing stop loss is and excellent feature to use. But there are very few traders that knew this thing. It saves your profits in trades and also if you don't know when to close your trade, you can simply use trailing stop loss to get maximum profit from a move.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member nilesh is on a distinguished road nilesh's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    But if one is aiming for more money and get caught up by hitting his stop loss instead of profits so then he must think that he must lock his profits before getting loss. If anyone can guard his trades all the time, then its may be possible to close manually on the highest point.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Senior Member kampung is on a distinguished road kampung's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Locking profit is good to prevent losses after our account is floating profit. But if you used locking profit, it is possible that you can't
    get more profits when the market is moving opposite direction first before it hitted on TP. So you should consider it and you can use
    it while you looked condition in the market.
    if I would be better to close my trading positions and follow the direction of the current market due to the lock trade is going to happen we have wasted an opportunity to make profit from our trades that existed at the time

Member dragon is an unknown quantity at this point dragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by imanwako View Post
    Locking profits is a good option, and as i know most of the traders will follow this strategy. I do lock my profits by the help of stop loss and sometimes with trailing stop. specially trailing stop is a very good tool in this regard.
    Locking profit is good to prevent losses after our account is floating profit. But if you used locking profit, it is possible that you can't
    get more profits when the market is moving opposite direction first before it hitted on TP. So you should consider it and you can use
    it while you looked condition in the market.

Banned sarwars is an unknown quantity at this point sarwars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ya locking profit is the key that you want to get the money not just joking by opening trade without taking profit never think to break their reputation with only small thing like this and need to change the levels of trailing stop loss as well to make more profits.

Banned budirara is an unknown quantity at this point budirara's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvi View Post
    Yes, when am trading for a day, i make sure that i use trailing SL. Because of the unexpected events in forex we are not sure when the market would reverse to our open position during this the profits which we would have obtained would go in vain if there was no trailing SL set. Locking profits is one of the most essential feature to grow your equity.
    Both the kind of trading is good as it depends on the trading strategy of each trader.Some like to do day trading with few **** as their target and some like to do swing trading with more **** as their target.

Member ericnyamu will become famous soon enough ericnyamu's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    totally agree maintaining your profits is what will make you grow your account . after all what are we trading for isint it profits so securing your profits with a trailing stop of moving your stop manually is what will help you become successful and profitable overall.

Banned suriname is an unknown quantity at this point suriname's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, when am trading for a day, i make sure that i use trailing SL. Because of the unexpected events in forex we are not sure when the market would reverse to our open position during this the profits which we would have obtained would go in vain if there was no trailing SL set. Locking profits is one of the most essential feature to grow your equity.
    i think its not important how much i made !! its more important for me how i can still make profit day by day even if its not big amount !! i am sure you will never be happy when you make 200% or even 500% of your capital in only tow or three days then i lose it in one hour !!
    but i will be very happy and very honor in the end of month i look to my profits and feel how much i was smart to keep my account safe

Banned ekajoy is an unknown quantity at this point ekajoy's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah true what you say but perhaps we will not have any burden in our trade if we do not make the target of trade and I think with so we will be able to control emotions in our trade money management so it does not arise greed

Junior Member lulupi is an unknown quantity at this point lulupi's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    We got greedy every time we see profits because it is normal human nature to want more. More is always good than less...right? but in forex wanting more profits can bring a total disaster in our trading account...it is important that we will learn how to avoid being greedy in forex all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 365 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (7)