+ Reply to Thread
Page 786 of 823 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776 784 785 786 787 788 796 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 8225

Thread: How many pips do you think is safe for SL ?

Member forexprophet is on a distinguished road forexprophet's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Stop loss can be varied for different positions you are taking. Before setting your stop loss blindly to some predetermined pips or some % from your capital, check if that area has any resistance or support and there is a possibility of price stalling in that area before continuing its previous trend direction.
    Happy Trading

Member muhammadatif is on a distinguished road muhammadatif's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Stop loss depends on your capital if you have large capital then large stop loss if small capital then small capital. I set my stop loss 2% of my total capital because I dont want to lose big money from my capital.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member lax will become famous soon enough lax will become famous soon enough lax's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Stop loss may be place according to the leverage and volume used by you. as said by friend you have to determine first how much amount you want to keep for risk. Then according to that amount calculate the pip value and place a stop loss.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member lax will become famous soon enough lax will become famous soon enough lax's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Yes it is. According to the situation, we have to decide whether how much pips we have to place for stop loss. If the market is very volatile then predict the trend and place order with more pips. so that your stop loss will not triggered instantly.

Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    It is depend of the support and resistance level that where we have to place the stop loss. But my point of view it is always better to analyse the risk reward ration before trade and place the trade according to that.

Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Yes it is quite good to make decision to place the stop loss before entering the position so that you will not have to go through any loss from that position. Stop loss must be placed at strong resistance if the position i sell and at support if the position is buy.

Senior Member shinde will become famous soon enough shinde's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    It is more important to you that you have to place the stop loss at appropriate level so that you can not get hit the stop loss immediately and you may get profit from that trade. Just go for the charts and get the major support and resistance levels at that place you can place the stop loss.

Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Yes.SL input depends upon the type of trading too.The ratio i told is for normal swing traders.
    But For Scalping i always feel that one should never provide SL since there are lot of chances to get SL triggered since its a very small value.

Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    well it depends upon the need.But always its not wise to have like this TP=SL.
    For beginners i recommend 2:1 ratio.
    if TP is 100pips have SL as 50pips.So that if you lose a trade also,atleast the last trade's half profit will remain.

Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    yes we can use support or resistance for stop loss or even SAR also.
    mostly i will use pivot lines for determining the Stop loss and Profit levels. they are really useful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 786 of 823 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776 784 785 786 787 788 796 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (18)