+ Reply to Thread
Page 764 of 823 FirstFirst ... 264 664 714 754 762 763 764 765 766 774 814 ... LastLast
Results 7,631 to 7,640 of 8225

Thread: How many pips do you think is safe for SL ?

Junior Member fxmate is an unknown quantity at this point fxmate's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I try to stick to 50 pips SL, as I that amount of pips I easily accept with my money management and also market has to turn really hard against you in order to reach this target. Some mistake has to be made in your analysis that market goes 50 or more pips against your trade.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member ashwin.forex is on a distinguished road ashwin.forex's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    A TP and SL would depend on your
    Total investment
    capital per trading position
    type of trading strategy i.e. if you scalping or a intraday trader, a swing trader or a long term trader.

It is very difficult to tell exact SL to you since I am not aware of your numbers. I can only tell you generally as told.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Junior Member ashwin.forex is on a distinguished road ashwin.forex's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Like some one said earlier in this thread, SL depends on loads of factors. Firstly SL is nothing alone. It should be TP and SL. In other words it also called as risk/reward ratio. I have seen most of the people keep ratio of 1:1 for example, TP of 10 pips and SL of 10 pips.

Banned lode is on a distinguished road lode's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkling star View Post
    I think sl depends on strategy, as long term traders usally use support and resistance levels, or may use the past data for sl and tp, and scalpers usually use only some pips for sl, that would might safe fore them to trade, just only 4 or 5 pips.
    yes this is true because every strategy need different lot size and stop loss and take profit, for take profit for scalping it is need to be near the opening point and the stop loss must be far than opening point.

Member twinkling star has a spectacular aura about twinkling star has a spectacular aura about twinkling star's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think sl depends on strategy, as long term traders usally use support and resistance levels, or may use the past data for sl and tp, and scalpers usually use only some pips for sl, that would might safe fore them to trade, just only 4 or 5 pips.

Member rahibul is on a distinguished road rahibul's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    If your invest 100 $. So you need a target in a day. I seem 5 % profit and 5 % loss of your invest in a day. i.e 5 $ need a day you need to take profit or loss , if you want to take profit 20 pips so you need your volume is 0.25 $ . so you stop loss will be 20 pips. You can increase more 10 pips in your stop loss maximum.

Banned my-forex is an unknown quantity at this point my-forex's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanu View Post
    yes i think you are correct because before i faced such due to net connection . i just see my position and dont put sl that time thinking that i am infront of pc and that time i lost net connection and that was newyork session and due to heavy movement of market i lost good number of pips . so i think its always better to put sl first then observe the open position.
    I agree, indeed we are good to use StopLoss in any order because we do not know what will happen next in the forex market. certainly if we're using our StopLoss also quiet because we already know how much risk we will face if we do wrong in order

Member Abdo22 is an unknown quantity at this point Abdo22's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I prefer for me I work with a SL of thirty to fifty pips when I want to trade for a day or less. In case of long positions and for a week or more, the SL is hundred pips. Anyway, we all have different mindset with regard to all of them are SL strategy.

Member etoir is an unknown quantity at this point etoir's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    i have different target that is depending to the system that i use in that moment generally i like 1:2 ratio 25:50 25 stop loss and 50 take profit but that never make a different in the deals anyway.

Senior Member patil will become famous soon enough patil's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I am agree with you because most of the time my terget also 50 pips and about your opinion of SL its really urgent each of our trade i think. because without sl i think we are taking very big risk when there are very much movement of market sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 764 of 823 FirstFirst ... 264 664 714 754 762 763 764 765 766 774 814 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (18)