+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 823 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 ... LastLast

Thread: How many pips do you think is safe for SL ?

Member dixit will become famous soon enough dixit will become famous soon enough dixit's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    For effective stop loss we must first see whether it is a very volatile trending market or market, because every stop loss is never a good stop loss in a very volatile market, it will always get profit and close unnecessary trading . SL is not important because it opens a good trade, the better your trading decisions are, the better is the trading and the more the possibility of getting a good profit, I personally never keep trading that loses too long if the general market trends do not agree with my trading, sometimes keep SL closing down good trades too fast

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

Member fanue will become famous soon enough fanue will become famous soon enough fanue's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think that depends on your free margin ratio and the margin you use as the balance to open a position. If you are an aggressive type of trader who is not afraid of losing, then your stop loss ratio must be around 5-6 times your total amount in your account. But if you are a safe trader, your stop loss ratio must be above 10-20 of your amount. Stop loss depends on your capital if you have a large capital then a large stop loss if the small capital is small capital. I set a stop loss of 2% of my total capital because I didn't want to lose big money from my capital.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fanue For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

Member sapiyar has a spectacular aura about sapiyar has a spectacular aura about sapiyar's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think you have to work according to your method and also in accordance with the stargies he uses in trading because some brokers don't use stop loss and take advantage while long-term traders use this tool. Well I guess it depends on how much you are willing to loose on each trade and it depends on the lot size is too high small lot size sl which is smaller the lot size is higher SL so in the end it depends on your euqity too.

Member bhai akbar has a spectacular aura about bhai akbar has a spectacular aura about bhai akbar's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    Normally I would place my Stop Loss depending on the current chart pattern, previos support and resistance, and candlestick. Stop loss is an important part of forex trading, so I don't think we can easily just put our Stop Loss with an improvement value, because most of the price will reach our fixed stop loss. I am still learning how to stop losses smarter, and before all my stop losses are corrected, and my results are very bad because Stop loss is always hit by prices, and after just moving the market to what I predicted before. Actually I think stop loss is related to currency pairs and market movements. There is no way to fix a number of pips to stop losses.

Member nick has a spectacular aura about nick has a spectacular aura about nick's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think that depends on your trading and trading volume. if your trading is short term then you can set your SL up to 50 pips and if your trade is large then generally you can set 100 pips SL to be safe. another way it all depends on your own strategy. every trader must have his own plan. some prefer to use SL fix, but there are some who like support and resistance. I prefer to use SL fix, because we can be sure how much profit / profit today.

Member kopai will become famous soon enough kopai will become famous soon enough kopai's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I feel that the 100 pips difference is the best to place a safe Stop loss but I see that all broker sites do not allow you the same, some are liberal and do not have such rules but some are strict. Although everything depends on our own plan. and the ability to read the market as a good trader always knows the level of security well. in scalping using sl is not good because the price moves so fast that it might come back. And the script can be downloaded from MetaEditor. Also use close scripts to close orders when there are requotes.

Member meikarta will become famous soon enough meikarta will become famous soon enough meikarta's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    It is more important for you that you must place a stop loss at the appropriate level so that you cannot press stop loss immediately and you can benefit from the trade. Just go for the chart and get the main support and resistance level in that place you can place a stop loss. Stop losses can occur according to the leverage and volume used by you. as your friends say you have to determine in advance how much you want to save for risk. Then according to that amount, calculate the pip value and place the stop loss.

Trusted Member 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,369 Times in 5,345 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think better to install the SL between 30-50 pips.
    My experience using SL of 10-20 pips, but the market actually touching the SL and turned toward ...
    so from now on I always install the 30-50pips SL ...

Trusted Member 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148 has a reputation beyond repute 0307148's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,369 Times in 5,345 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    According to my knowledge it should be greater than TP pips, But most of times i don't use Stop loss if we are trading with H1 then its better to have STop loss around 50 pips for H4 we should increase it.

Member pancha will become famous soon enough pancha will become famous soon enough pancha's Avatar
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    subscribed 0
    I think the safest place to arrange SL depends on our lot size. If you use a high lot size so you don't need to place SL too far, because it will reduce big losses in your account. But if you use a low lot size, it can go further to set the SL point. This depends on the control of your money management and your trading style. This really depends on the currency pair where you trade and the size of your account. Couples have a history of greater volatility, stop loss pips can be set higher while couples have lower volatility they can be set closer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 823 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 ... LastLast

Subscribe to this Thread (18)